Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official Game Thread: Magic @ Grizzlies

Why are you so offended by someone else's opinion? Yes, I will watch every magic game that I can, and still love the Magic. I have league pass, and I have watched the Hawks, Bulls and the Knicks. I can tell it is not the same Hawks team, and I am not convinced we could beat them in a series. I don't think we could beat the bulls, and have no chance at all of beating the celtics , heat, lakers or spurs. Of course, this could change, if we get defensive players or a great coach like Larry Brown, but I don't see it happening.

I'm not offended, I just think it's silly that people continue to whine about how the team isn't living up to THEIR expectations and using the board to vent.

And I really am curious to know how many people would stop watching games right now if they were told the Magic weren't going to win a championship.

Oh yeah, and Larry Brown would be the end of this team.

Larry Brown? If we hired that kook he'd probably kick Anderson and Redick out of the rotation and demand Otis trade half the roster away.

Sinc SVG has gotten here he's won 50 games and win in the playoffs every year for a franchise that hasn't done either since 1996. Some of you have become spoiled babies with this success. Someday you'll look back and miss these days.

I like Larry Brown, he took the bobcats to the playoffs first time ever. He has rings. How many rings does SVG have? There was a reason Pat Riley fired SVG. Heat's 10 game losing streak was ended and they went on to get a ring. I don't believe SVG quit to spend time with his family. Maybe we need to trade more. It is clear we cannot defend, come on, Grizzles shooting 60%, and Cavs shooting over 40%. WE cannot play defense.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm not offended, I just think it's silly that people continue to whine about how the team isn't living up to THEIR expectations and using the board to vent.

And I really am curious to know how many people would stop watching games right now if they were told the Magic weren't going to win a championship.

Why do you think the freaking Bobcats let him go?

I like Larry Brown, he took the bobcats to the playoffs first time ever. He has rings. How many rings does SVG have? There was a reason Pat Riley fired SVG. Heat's 10 game losing streak was ended and they went on to get a ring. I don't believe SVG quit to spend time with his family. Maybe we need to trade more. It is clear we cannot defend, come on, Grizzles shooting 60%, and Cavs shooting over 40%. WE cannot play defense.

Boston let the Cavs shoot 46% last week. GUESS THEY DONT PLAY DEFENSE EITHER.

That Bobcats, despite having pretty decent talent, barely made the playoffs on a VERY weak conference. Oh yeah, and they got swept. That's hardly impressive.

As far as rings, Larry Brown had a team of Billups, Rip, Prince, Rasheed, and Wallace, all on their primes, playing for him.

Seriously, the "ring" argument is so bad. Adam Morrison has two rings, should we trade JJ for him? Maybe the team needs to trade Howard for Shaq, after all, Shaq has 4 rings and is a HOFer. . .

I respect your opinion, even though I disagree. I think Larry Brown would be an improvement. Magic are not going to win a ring this year. Some posters are concerned, and some see the writing on the wall, Dwight is gone. The Lakers will clear cap space soon. The really want him. I could also see him going to the thunder or the Cliippers, but either way, he will be gone.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Dude you just described every basketball board. Not just realgm.

I'll say it...I'd still watch. I don't think we'll win it this year and I still watch.

I will say that firing SVG is not the answer.

Oh my. How are the Bobcats playing now that he is gone? How are the players he coached playing since they have left him? LB has lost his mind. He destroys players now, he doesn't coach them. He has a ring because Det had the perfect storm of players playing fantastic together under his system and how long did it last? If that didn't happen there wouldn't be a ring because he screws with players so often they don't have a chance to develope as a team.

There was a reason Riley fired Stan, he wanted the ring.

We can defend and we can play D but as one of the other members so nicely put it, it's mental. It's their choice on whether they are going to decide to put the effort in. We played D in the 1st and the 4th and stunk in the 2nd and 3rd, it's not a matter of can't.

I respect your opinion, even though I disagree. I think Larry Brown would be an improvement. Magic are not going to win a ring this year. Some posters are concerned, and some see the writing on the wall, Dwight is gone. The Lakers will clear cap space soon. The really want him. I could also see him going to the thunder or the Cliippers, but either way, he will be gone.

Do you have to post your doom and gloom bull**** after EVERY loss? If you can't handle the ups and downs of an NBA season you should do something else.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1