Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

A Tale of 2 Point Guards

the point i was trying to make in my last post was this. one, nelson is the best choice at pg for now. gil is for sure not ready. two. you will never stop penetration but they surely must do more to keep guys out of the paint. three, they must take advantage of the ability to run when it is there. not taking advantage of this opportunity is not smart. last, ball movement in the half court is poor at best. noting is perfect but these areas have the biggest room for improvement.

I would agree that the ball movement has room for improvement however, I think outside of the Det game we have been pushing the ball.

Jameer has always had trouble defending bigger, stronger PGs - Billups, Deron, Stuckey, Rondo. That doesn't make him a poor defender, it just makes him a poor choice versus 6% of the league.

Now that we have Hedo back as a very capable option to handle the ball, what do you guys think of making a lineup adjustment where Redick checks in as the defensive assignment on those PGs in certain situations?

Redick

JRich

Hedo

RA

Dwight

I would love to see a big lineup with Hedo at PG for some stretches...

I'll go along with this if you can name one point guard in the league that Hedo could defend.

I'll go along with this if you can name one point guard in the league that Hedo could defend.

Let's assume that his offensive responsibilities do not dictate his defensive assignments.

Babir_9, with Hedo manning the PG role offensively, what players would you suggest fill out the rest of the lineup?

Hedo is a decent ball handler for a 3, but if we tried to use him as an actual point guard, any amount of ball pressure in the back court would cause him to fold and turn the ball over.

I believe that is a true statement. We should leave Hedo where he is. He works out great as a number 2 pt guard when we have a number 1 pt guard on the court.

hmmm...figured this would be a hot topic after last night's game.

Gil accounts for 11pts and 4 TO on 5-13 shooting and gets blasted by Derrick Rose time and again on penetration, and not a single comment? OP?

hmmm...figured this would be a hot topic after last night's game.

Gil accounts for 11pts and 4 TO on 5-13 shooting and gets blasted by Derrick Rose time and again on penetration, and not a single comment? OP?

You might not hear more than crickets chirping from that side of the aisle.

Babir_9, with Hedo manning the PG role offensively, what players would you suggest fill out the rest of the lineup?

I wrote that we could use a big lineup FOR SOME STRETCHES during the game, not the whole game. Actually yesterday we could have used it, with Nelson out with the injury and Arenas playing terribly. We could play Hedo, J.Richardson, Redick or Q.Richardson, Anderson and Dwight in the 4th quarter. J.Richardson could have defended Rose, Hedo could have some post up opportunities.