Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

What more do you want from J. Nelson ? (commentary)

Surprise Surprise, Jameer shows up in the 4th only. Oh wait, he made a crucial turn over that basically sealed the game for Boston.

I really don't know what to do with this guy. Gilbert is obviously still terrible. Our PG position is just a hot mess right now.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

In refernce to the article I posted....I'd love to see the team +/- when Turk and Arenas are on the floor together.

Turk seems to be mostly on the floor when Nelson is with him....it seems like when Gilbert plays with Turk...which is usually a short stint in both halves the team seems to play better.

And I agree with the article....seems a waste to have both of your playmakers spending most of their courtime playing together.....not saying Stan shouldn't play them like that......I'd like to see a little more of what the author suggested.

As the author said....if it doesn't work we at least gave it a shot.

In refernce to the article I posted....I'd love to see the team +/- when Turk and Arenas are on the floor together.

Turk seems to be mostly on the floor when Nelson is with him....it seems like when Gilbert plays with Turk...which is usually a short stint in both halves the team seems to play better.

And I agree with the article....seems a waste to have both of your playmakers spending most of their courtime playing together.....not saying Stan shouldn't play them like that......I'd like to see a little more of what the author suggested.

As the author said....if it doesn't work we at least gave it a shot.

I'm sure Stan has tried it in practice and maybe it hasn't worked well at all. . . you have to understand Nelson is also great off the ball whereas Arenas is not, so Nelson and Turk work well together. Arenas normally creates off the dribble and doesn't do too well just standing around.

Another thing is that there's absolutely no reason to shake things up offensively when the team just came off a 9 game winning streak. The biggest reason for these past losses have been just TERRIBLE defense.

I'm sure Stan has tried it in practice and maybe it hasn't worked well at all. . . you have to understand Nelson is also great off the ball whereas Arenas is not, so Nelson and Turk work well together. Arenas normally creates off the dribble and doesn't do too well just standing around.

Another thing is that there's absolutely no reason to shake things up offensively when the team just came off a 9 game winning streak. The biggest reason for these past losses have been just TERRIBLE defense.

Agree with the defense comment. But I also feel something needs to be done with the start of games. We are starting flat every time. Today I recognized how sharp Boston plays, especially during the start of tonight's game.

I'm interested to see what Arenas can do when given a larger role. Maybe worth a shot. Nelson's game still stagnates the starting lineup in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Agree with the defense comment. But I also feel something needs to be done with the start of games. We are starting flat every time. Today I recognized how sharp Boston plays, especially during the start of tonight's game.

I'm interested to see what Arenas can do when given a larger role. Maybe worth a shot. Nelson's game still stagnates the starting lineup in my opinion.

You think something needs to be done based on a few games that came after a 9 game winning streak? Especially when the main problem from those losses came from terrible team defense? Come on, now. . .

Surprise Surprise, Jameer shows up in the 4th only. Oh wait, he made a crucial turn over that basically sealed the game for Boston.

I really don't know what to do with this guy. Gilbert is obviously still terrible. Our PG position is just a hot mess right now.

And your obviously oblivious about basketball or how it works. :beatcomp:

Agree about the comment of our defense lacking lately.

I'd still like to see a comparison of how the team plays/performs with Hedo/ Arenas as opposed to Hedo/ Jameer.

For anyone that has the time and or know how....

If someone plays poorly with a limited role why would you want to give them a larger role?

I'm not so sure I would want to spread the wealth so to speak with our playmakers. I think we need the entire team to come out with more fire instead of reaarranging things. Also Arenas has said that he feels tenative, I think our best shot at getting him to be aggressive is if he is in charge of the floor while he is out there. I don't want to see any more of these pull ups, he is capable of getting in the lane and needs to be going in there to get fouled or to kick.

And your obviously oblivious about basketball or how it works. :beatcomp:

Ad Hominem.

Anything else? :chairshot:

Dont get me wrong. The whole team needs to play better, especially in the 1st. But we need WAY better production from those 2 especially.

Arenas coule barely get the ball up the court last night. Not sure what's up.

He's done just like Vince was when we brought him here. It was painfully obvious. If we're gonna get a scorer, we should get one that isn't past his prime. Who are we gonna get next, T-Mac?