Sign in to follow this  
Audi

O'Sentinel's Diaz Just Won't STFU

It's also important to remember just how enormous a 120m contract was in 1996. The contract Shaq signed, when compared to the league average salary at the time, was the equivalent of Dwight signing a near 40m a year extension.

It was just supposed to be a laugh. :(

:sigh: if only I were as funneh as Trey

Step 1: find a piece of furniture.

Step 2: Sit next to the piece of furniture completely motionless and silent.

Congratulations! You are now as funny as Treytime.

Oh, I know. It's just something that people don't think about a lot nowadays, given that people like Shard and Joe Johnson get 120m contracts. It's easy to forget that 120m over 6 years when the league average is 5.5m a season is different than 120m over 7 years when the league average salary is just under 2m

If i remember correctly, Diaz was originally on a different part of the paper. When the OS had to cut back on people, instead of laying Diaz off they put him on sports. He's not happy about it and it comes out in his writing.

If i remember correctly, Diaz was originally on a different part of the paper. When the OS had to cut back on people, instead of laying Diaz off they put him on sports. He's not happy about it and it comes out in his writing.

If so, that happened a long, long time ago. Diaz at least used to be passionate about boxing, pretty clueless about everything else.

If I am not mistaken, Diaz wrote several pieces against building the new Arena as well.

One of the reasons I cancelled my subscription and have not missed it all. Bianchi and Schmidtz would be the others...

Planned for tomorrow: I Sentinel poll to see if Orlando thinks Dwight Howard is worth what his contract pays him if he were to sign an extension.

Wellllllllllllllll......if they, or should I say when they do this, I will file some form of protest to the obvious poor treatment of the only Pro team in this pond! Furthermore......I would be more than happy to start the fire the "ENTIRE" OS sports section!

:chairshot:

Planned for tomorrow: I Sentinel poll to see if Orlando thinks Dwight Howard is worth what his contract pays him if he were to sign an extension.

I would obviously have to vote 'no' on that one. :happypuppy:

Isn't Phillip leaving after this year?

He's hinted that. You never know with him, but yeah, I think he's done with LA after this year.

EDIT: I guess he wants that 3-peat pretty badly