Sign in to follow this  
Shock Phantom

Bass May Need Arthroscopic Surgery

After practice on Sunday, Magic power forward Brandon Bass told the Sentinel that he might need arthroscopic surgery if his left knee doesn’t improve.

“I might need to get it scoped, be out a few weeks,” Bass said. “I don’t know. We’ll see.”

Bass said he came down on his left in the second quarter of the game against the Knicks onThursday night and “heard a pop.”

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2011/01/update-brandon-bass-says-surgery-an-option.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Well, this is awful.

alright, thanks man

seriously, i think i saw the moment in the game, i saw him come down for a rebound or something and i think he kinda reached for his knee and ran a little funny for a minute...made me scared for a sec, but he just bossed his way through it i guess.

Well at least it's a procedure that would only keep him out for a couple of weeks. It could definitely be worse.

If he's gonna be out lets do it now instead of waiting for the stretch run of the season. Get and done and have him back by or after the all star break.

To me though this doesn't change anything on the search for a big man. We still needed a back up C anyway, Instead of making a panic move do to this it might be a good time to see if this Earl Clark guy really has some chops. Put Ryan Anderson into the starting lineup and let Clark get some good minutes off the bench to see what the kid's got.

• Upvote 2

If he needs it, do it as soon as possible. These things aren't big deal so to speak, just 2-3 weeks. Three small holes or something like that.

I'd be shocked if we didn't see Earl Barron or someone like him on the team by the end of the week.

More likely though will SVG doing this:

Nelson/J-Rich/Hedo/Ryan/Dwight

Clark spells Ryan, Q spells Hedo early so Hedo plays the 4 spot. Clark spells Dwight too..well jeez. Nevermind. Man, we're really short on depth.

When does Malik come back? :svgsad: