Cartright slightly. The others, were not.

Cartwright was a legitimately good defensive center, even in his declining years when the Bulls were winning their first few titles.

He wasn't someone who could anchor a defense like Dwight does, but he was someone who could hold his own and make all but the best centers work for their points, and he rotated well.

Matt (Orlando)

SVG loves Earl Clark. Aside from Hubie Brown, no one gives him and his coaching staff the credit they deserve for developing players. Can you give him some love?

David Thorpe (12:39 PM)

He's the 3rd best coach in the league.

I would be more than comfortable with Clark guarding Bosh and Lebron-at the same time.

according to some, Clark isn't quick enough to guard Lebron. I'm hoping he gets a chance on the 3rd to show what he can/can't do on Lebron.

according to some, Clark isn't quick enough to guard Lebron. I'm hoping he gets a chance on the 3rd to show what he can/can't do on Lebron.

I can remember how Camby used to give T-mac fits when we had him and there is no way he was quick enough to guard him. It was his length that seemed to cause the problem and that is something that Earl would also have going for him. It would be interesting especially if we are following our usual game plan and trying to force Lebron into jumpers.

I can remember how Camby used to give T-mac fits when we had him and there is no way he was quick enough to guard him. It was his length that seemed to cause the problem and that is something that Earl would also have going for him. It would be interesting especially if we are following our usual game plan and trying to force Lebron into jumpers.

Love it..... the part about Length... its the balance checker to fast players... if you cant match them in speed, then go after length, It makes it harder for a guy like Wade or Lebron to drive on someone with "Go-Go- Gadget" arms, than it is with someone their equal size.

Its really the only reason why 90% of the NBA analyst talk about Boston still being the team to beat, not because they have 3 HOF'ers... its because have length. Everyone understands that Lebron is not a consistent shooter.... he is a slasher and finisher.... Wade is better with the shot, but also prefers to get the easy buckets. Both players are unguardable against teams with no true center and not enough length.

I think Earl held his own against Dirk.... which in itself is no easy task. Difference between someone like Dirk and someone like Lebron is the frame. Lebron is built like a LineBacker..... Dirk is more or less of a WR build.... Same with Earl.

Can Earl battle against Lebron, sure if Lebron turns into a jump shooter... but what happens if Lebron goes into the post... will Earl get backed down? Only one way to find out, I know.

At this point, we should give it a shot... if the opportunity presents itself.

Can Earl battle against Lebron, sure if Lebron turns into a jump shooter... but what happens if Lebron goes into the post... will Earl get backed down? Only one way to find out, I know.

At this point, we should give it a shot... if the opportunity presents itself.

LeBron pretty much ignores the post. He either drives, or shoots jumpers, but rarely do you see him set up in the post.