Sign in to follow this  
chosen12

Did we fail to recognize something against Dallas?

While reading other sites (Trooling if you will) I could not help but notice on the RealGm boards they have declared this kid as our next best SF and PF for years to come! This was based on the defense that he put on Dirk and his offensive displays.

I did see him play very well for the time that he was in, but are we ready to declare him as the second comming of all things at the 4 or 5 spot?

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1077762

While reading other sites (Trooling if you will) I could not help but notice on the RealGm boards they have declared this kid as our next best SF and PF for years to come! This was based on the defense that he put on Dirk and his offensive displays.

I did see him play very well for the time that he was in, but are we ready to declare him as the second comming of all things at the 4 or 5 spot?

http://forums.realgm...?f=25&t=1077762

I will say it what I said before..... (By the way BMP, you owe me one for clowning Earl before seeing him play)

After watching this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hb2k_6T4qw

If he can transition his game from college to the pro's, he can be pretty nasty for us.

I see intensity, emotion, the will to drive and the ability to pass...

He has a good stroke and can hit shots from the outside... At 6'10 his wing span is 7'2.... Perfect for guarding bigger perimeter players like Dirk. Which he did a great job of last night.

Looking at how we did with JJ and Gortat, I think we can develop Clark... Who knows, he could turn into a beast.

Marvin Williams v2.0 at worst if we develop him, but he does have a lot of potential. Next year will be when you know because our training staff does a fantastic job at bulking players up, ala Gortat, Dwight, Jameer, etc.

I've seen those highlights too however they are mostly off fast breaks. He has..a decent bag of moves to break down his defender but of his highlights were on cuts and fast breaks (which is probably why Phoenix drafted him). However, the case, he showed great defense last night and that's something this Magic team really needs.

The biggest thing I've noticed about these college highlights is that he's...a great cutter. Does that remind you of anyone?

I've seen those highlights too however they are mostly off fast breaks. He has..a decent bag of moves to break down his defender but of his highlights were on cuts and fast breaks (which is probably why Phoenix drafted him). However, the case, he show great defense last night and that's something this Magic team really needs.

The biggest thing I've noticed about these college highlights is that he's...a great cutter. Does that remind you of anyone?

Barnes?

I could careless about his offense right now. If he could chip in 6 pts here and there fine.

What I want from him is to carve a role like MP had. Lengthy defender who gets in a guys face and frustrates him. His rotating on defense, etc. will come with practice in SVG's system. But if he can disrupt players rhythm, he can be very valuable to this team. And he's every bit of 6'10 they list him as, which makes him great to go against the athletic 4's and bigger 3's in the league.

Carve out that role Earl, and earn another paycheck. Then we'll see from there.

• Upvote 1

As one of the RealGm guys pointed out, he was the reason that Otis gave up a first round pick for him, based upon where we should finish, he will be better than what we will end up with! I am prepared to agree with that.

However, I don't know that I am ready to ship Bass or Anderson off for the next Big to come through the door! This is what I mean by "Did we fail to recongize what we have in this kid!

I could careless about his offense right now. If he could chip in 6 pts here and there fine.

What I want from him is to carve a role like MP had. Lengthy defender who gets in a guys face and frustrates him. His rotating on defense, etc. will come with practice in SVG's system. But if he can disrupt players rhythm, he can be very valuable to this team. And he's every bit of 6'10 they list him as, which makes him great to go against the athletic 4's and bigger 3's in the league.

Carve out that role Earl, and earn another paycheck. Then we'll see from there.

Wow, good stuff Jareth, I can agree with you here.

What is his contract situation.....is he a FA at the end of the year? Did Phx not pick up his option?