Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

Bashers of the new trade -- lighten up!

That picture makes me sad.

You're telling me. His eyes have that post-cry gleam to them. Sort of like Jareth's eyes when he realized we didn't trade for Jeff Green.

So the Celtics are a threat to go sign Paul even though they just gave Rondo a big extension? Yeah, no.

I would trade Rondo right now for Paul, in a heart beat. Now if Paul all of a sudden starts to decline then you keep Rondo. Rondo and Howard is not a bad tandem.

Boston would have to renounce their rights to Garnett and Allen to have CAP space, so they couldn't then be resigned for anything above the veteran's minimum.

True but Garnett and Allen may agree to vet min if it means another ship. Plus the Celtics could trade Rondo to Hornets in a sign and trade for Paul.

Boston will only have 10 players in their payroll next year meaning they'll need to sign some new players and give out new contracts. They might not have enough for a max salary then and I don't think Howard would be too thrilled in joining Rondo and and 3 senior citizens (while they might still have some gas left, I don't see them going for another title run in 2012/2013).

OKC, it's possible. . . they have 18 mil for that year and it will all depend on how much Westbrook gets offered.

They can do what the Knicks did and sign players for 1 year and accept defeat in 2011 if it means reloading with possibly Paul and Howard.

True but Garnett and Allen may agree to vet min if it means another ship. Plus the Celtics could trade Rondo to Hornets in a sign and trade for Paul.

I highly doubt that your first sentence is correct, and even if it was, the second sentence is ridiculous.

For several reasons.

I highly doubt that your first sentence is correct, and even if it was, the second sentence is ridiculous.

For several reasons.

AGREED -- for once! Those guys will still demand money because they ARE the Boston Celtics. They will not defer money just so Howard can get his 20+ miliion a year ...

You're telling me. His eyes have that post-cry gleam to them. Sort of like Jareth's eyes when he realized we didn't trade for Jeff Green.

Agree.. he looks like he was crying or is about to cry.

Shard: I'll be missing you homies.....

Just sad.

Agree.. he looks like he was crying or is about to cry.

Shard: I'll be missing you homies.....

Just sad.

It may have been good to try Hedo and Shard together again, but I'm intrigued at what Arenas can bring to this team. Big risk by Otis!

I'm starting to like these moves a little more. Aside from the main reasons, I think SVG wanted to get players that would be more coachable. As a coach, you can't really tell players like Rashard and VC how to play, they used to be stars of their team. With Hedo, J Rich, and Arenas, they may bring his gameplan to reality. Arenas has already offered to be the 6th man.

Also, we upgraded our SF and SG spots while freeing up our PF situation. We had Bass and RA sitting behind Rashard. We tested Bass in the starting lineup and he produced...RA did as well when he got his chance. We replaced VC with J Rich and Arenas. Hedo replaces Rashard in a SF/PF type role. We also can give playing time to RA, who never really had a reason to be benched. Arenas can play the PG as well, so Duhon (sorry man, I feel ya..but I haven't liked your play thus far) can receive less minutes.

We just need a backup center cause Malik is killing me.

I'm starting to like these moves a little more. Aside from the main reasons, I think SVG wanted to get players that would be more coachable. As a coach, you can't really tell players like Rashard and VC how to play, they used to be stars of their team. With Hedo, J Rich, and Arenas, they may bring his gameplan to reality. Arenas has already offered to be the 6th man.

Also, we upgraded our SF and SG spots while freeing up our PF situation. We had Bass and RA sitting behind Rashard. We tested Bass in the starting lineup and he produced...RA did as well when he got his chance. We replaced VC with J Rich and Arenas. Hedo replaces Rashard in a SF/PF type role. We also can give playing time to RA, who never really had a reason to be benched. Arenas can play the PG as well, so Duhon (sorry man, I feel ya..but I haven't liked your play thus far) can receive less minutes.

We just need a backup center cause Malik is killing me.

Arenas is more coachable?

Arenas is more coachable?

We have his mentor here so hopefully he can get him under control off the court.

But I'm saying coachable..not in off-the-court antics but from a standpoint of how you want a player to execute. I'm not 100% sure, but Rashard looked pissed at SVG whenever he talked to him during a game. I think Arenas could take criticism much better.