Captain Hi-Top

Do Magic's Big Deals Improve Their Team?

That's not what I'm saying, I don't think the guy is a jerk and out for himself. I think he thinks those are shots where he is open so they are ok to take. He doesn't understand what a shot in rhythm is. I'm surprised he had 6 assists, I wonder how many turnovers he had? I haven't checked. I would point out that he effectively killed a break all by himself by making some weird pass to Richardson instead of just advancing the ball to him with a simple pass. Those are all bad habits that he is going to have to break. Does laser therapy work on that stuff like it does on cigarette smoking?

Yeah, I know you've been very outspoken about the addition of Gilbert....but it begs the question, you've been mostly supportive of Otis up until this point.....how do you feel about Otis now ?.....Do you think his emotional bond with Arenas is gonna end up costing him his job ?

Curious....

Dunno. I guess it depends on how it turns out. I do think that he jumped the gun on trading for him. This is only the 2nd time I really haven't liked something he's done, I really wanted him to sign Gerald Wallace instead of Shard. It would have been cheaper, and would have been a better defensive move. On the other hand we would not have gotten to the finals if we signed Gerald instead of Shard so that would make me an idiot.

I don't think Otis will lose his job, I think on the whole he is a good GM and even the best ones make errors. I think the only price Otis will pay if this doesn't work is it will cost him Dwight....I'm going to go throw up now.

You're correct, I confused their stat lines.

I'm not happy with his shot selection, but I'm also not going to call him a failure after 2 games either.

I won't try to speak for Marc Acres, but for me it's less "He's a failure because of these 2 games!" and more "These 2 games have played out like pretty much the rest of his career. This is who he is; you really shouldn't expect anything else from him."

Some days, Gilbert will be hitting crazy shots, and he looks like a superstar. Most nights, though, he'll be a chucker. This is who/what he is as a player.

• Upvote 1

What's the current forum status on this? Are we ready to admit Bass is a bad defender?

Or am I going to get more -1s for pointing out that his off the ball defense continues to be putrid to the point of embarrassment?

For what it's worth...I agree and I just gave you another positive vote, lol....I think it's up to two now.

Dunno. I guess it depends on how it turns out. I do think that he jumped the gun on trading for him. This is only the 2nd time I really haven't liked something he's done, I really wanted him to sign Gerald Wallace instead of Shard. It would have been cheaper, and would have been a better defensive move. On the other hand we would not have gotten to the finals if we signed Gerald instead of Shard so that would make me an idiot.

I don't think Otis will lose his job, I think on the whole he is a good GM and even the best ones make errors. I think the only price Otis will pay if this doesn't work is it will cost him Dwight....I'm going to go throw up now.

It's not like Otis hasn't made mistakes before. Some people tend to exhibit knee jerk reactions around here, and some are more even keeled.

I won't try to speak for Marc Acres, but for me it's less "He's a failure because of these 2 games!" and more "These 2 games have played out like pretty much the rest of his career. This is who he is; you really shouldn't expect anything else from him."

Some days, Gilbert will be hitting crazy shots, and he looks like a superstar. Most nights, though, he'll be a chucker. This is who/what he is as a player.

No you're good AQ, you can speak for me because we pretty much agree on everything to do with Gilbert and those were my thoughts exactly.

Maybe they can hide him on the bench and he may win us a few on those nights were he erupts, he will just be a very expensive Jamal Crawford...that can't hit 3 with regularity.

It's not like Otis hasn't made mistakes before. Some people tend to exhibit knee jerk reactions around here, and some are more even keeled.

Of course and I think Otis is a good GM, I just don't agree with the Gilbert move at all. I'm not knee jerking on this one Jareth, I thought Gilbert was a horrible idea from the moment the rumors started.

Edit: lol sorry Echo, I just saw the sig and thought it was Jareth.

+ 1,000....my worries also.

Of course and I think Otis is a good GM, I just don't agree with the Gilbert move at all. I'm not knee jerking on this one Jareth, I thought Gilbert was a horrible idea from the moment the rumors started.

lol no worries.

I think everyone knows my feelings on the Arenas trade. ;-)

Edit: My knee jerk comment wasn't about you, it was about the people that swing from one emotion to the next with every incident. The "ZOMG Otis made a bad move, he needs to be shot, drawn and quartered, paraded through downtown as a bloody corpse, then stuffed and mounted on my wall", then next move "Otis made a great move, he's the best GM every!!!!"

Jerk :svgsad:

lol no worries.

I think everyone knows my feelings on the Arenas trade. ;-)

Edit: My knee jerk comment wasn't about you, it was about the people that swing from one emotion to the next with every incident. The "ZOMG Otis made a bad move, he needs to be shot, drawn and quartered, paraded through downtown as a bloody corpse, then stuffed and mounted on my wall", then next move "Otis made a great move, he's the best GM every!!!!"

"Best GM every?"