Captain Hi-Top

Do Magic's Big Deals Improve Their Team?

Hard to see these deals improving Magic (Link)

The only way to make sense of it is to think that the NFL just can't upstage the NBA when it comes to absurdity, so Gilbert Arenas to the Orlando Magic just had to happen. ...

The Magic were the one team involved in the NBA's Saturday Swap Meet that absolutely had to make a move at this time. They're also the one team we can't say for sure addressed a need, despite the bold moves...

Another subplot to Saturday's moves is the way the Magic are now beholden to agent Dan HWNSNBU. HWNSNBU represents Howard and Richardson and has been advising his former client Arenas. Does HWNSNBU want to continue to consolidate power in Orlando and do his best to help Howard succeed there? Or will he take his guys elsewhere, which happened when he had a glut of players in Golden State?

Interesting? Ha-ha

• Upvote 1

its hard to imagine everybody playing together, especially with our offense. is gil gonna be a spot up shooter, cause i can imagine turk will be running the offense. what happens if howard gets in foul trouble, or has an injury. i think jrich is similar to vince, except basketball iq. its probably gonna take some time to gel, but offensively we might be better. defensively ????????

The need we needed to address is someone who could create their own shot. Voila! More defensive weaknesses!

Offensively: Were exponentially better and I don't think a single team in the league will be able to guard us.

Defensively: GAHHHH!! SVG may just kill himself, at least we still have Dwight, right?

Overall: We just became the Phoenix suns of the last decade.

We didn't get anyone who can create their own shots.

We got players who shoot a lot, even when they're not open. The difference is small, but very significant.

Read again. I didn't say that. Don't make me blindly argue with you about how Hedo will be an all-star as a Magic player.

:shard:

We got rid of 1 player with a huge contract that has been in a season long slum, isn't tough, and doesn't take it to the hole very much, another player that we brought in to be the go to the hole get to the line closer... and didn't do it... how could we not get better? We certainly couldn't get worse! Gil is going to play with a chip on his shoulder, Turk is going to smile while we win game after game again, JRich is going to get us 20 a night, and I don't think we are done yet! We still have some desirable players that we don't use that we can trade for a backup big. Anderson, JWill or Duhon, rights to Fran and the Russian guy should get us something! There's also a rumor that we may retrade JRich and more as part of a Melo trade?

IMO even if we are already done we did good... time will tell. Once the new guys get used to the system I'd play

Arenas/Nelson

JRich/JJ/Arenas

Hedo.QRich/JRich

Bass/Anderson/Hedo

Dwight/Bass/Clark

We would be tough to beat!

We got rid of 1 player with a huge contract that has been in a season long slum, isn't tough, and doesn't take it to the hole very much, another player that we brought in to be the go to the hole get to the line closer... and didn't do it... how could we not get better? We certainly couldn't get worse! Gil is going to play with a chip on his shoulder, Turk is going to smile while we win game after game again, JRich is going to get us 20 a night, and I don't think we are done yet! We still have some desirable players that we don't use that we can trade for a backup big. Anderson, JWill or Duhon, rights to Fran and the Russian guy should get us something! There's also a rumor that we may retrade JRich and more as part of a Melo trade?

IMO even if we are already done we did good... time will tell. Once the new guys get used to the system I'd play

Arenas/Nelson

JRich/JJ/Arenas

Hedo.QRich/JRich

Bass/Anderson/Hedo

Dwight/Bass/Clark

We would be tough to beat!

No one on this roster will average 20 points outside of Dwight Howard (however this could also change)

No, there isn't a rumor about Melo

Arenas is not starting over Nelson

The player brought in to replace Lewis' "soft ass" is "getting to the hole" around once every 10 tries.

Also, I really hope no one is honestly expecting Arenas/Hedo/JRich to average 20 points a game. . .

Haters gonna hate... this team has always been doubted... just add to the list.

I think its the fact that this team never delivers a championship and thats what we need. Nobody can't doubt you once you've won the gold.

I think its the fact that this team never delivers a championship and thats what we need. Nobody can't doubt you once you've won the gold.

I get that... but they doubted us getting to the Finals and we did. Not the same team... but Arenas is coming in with the right attitude from what I read and that is exciting. He is viewing this as a huge opportunity and I think he will take advantage of it... unlike Wince.