Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

How we match-up with the Heat now...from ESPN:

Orlando gets stretchier in the backcourt

Jason Richardson has been one of the most underrated shooting guards in the league for a good while. By some measurements, he was a top 5 player in the 2010 postseason during Phoenix's exciting romp through the Western Conference. Richardson's true shooting percentage is a career-high 57.4 and he's a 42 percent shooter from beyond the arc. He's a far more lethal threat from long range than Vince Carter, he's one of the fiercest rebounding guards in basketball and is a menacing post player. Gilbert Arenas' marksmanship has fallen off, but if we assume he'll take some of his minutes away from Chris Duhon, he represents an upgrade in that respect. And for all of Hedo Turkoglu's failings since he departed Orlando during the summer of 2009, he still commands respect from long range. Like Richardson, Turkoglu is shooting at a 42 percent clip from 3-point range and his true shooting percentage of 56.7 is the second best of his career. Incredible as it is, in the 6-foot-10 stretch hybrid category, Turkoglu's numbers best Rashard Lewis', as well as Mickael Pietrus', who is also on his way out.

The Heat have the length and discipline to chase these shooters off the line, but they'll have to be even more attentive now. Richardson, in particular, is a bear to defend coming around curls. And because he's second only to Landry Fields and Dwyane Wade as an offensive rebounder at the 2, Wade will have to be extra careful about leaking out in transition, lest he give up second-chance points to the aggressive Richardson.

Stan Van Gundy's blue game card is more to his liking

Orlando's attack has always been predicated on flexibility in the pick-and-roll. Turkoglu has never been more valuable than he was in Van Gundy's system, where he could work as a popper with Jameer Nelson or a perimeter guard, or as the ball handler with a stretch big. Lewis was often Turkoglu's dance partner, but Ryan Anderson, who figures to inherit some minutes now that fellow stretch 4 Lewis is being shipped to Washington, will be a fine apprentice. Brandon Bass, who should move into the starting lineup as the Magic's power forward, adds another dimension as an expert roll man. All of this leaves Van Gundy with innumerable options to run his stuff. Pick any combination: Nelson-Anyone, Turkoglu-Bass, Turkoglu-Howard, Richardson-Turkoglu, you name it.

The Heat's pick-and-roll coverage has been some of the best in the league, but Miami's task just got a little tougher. Chris Bosh, in particular, has his work cut out for him. The days of keeping an eye on Rashard Lewis out on the wing are over. Brandon Bass is more of a Paul Millsap analog, the kind of bruising power forward who eats up space and gives Bosh fits. LeBron James, who will draw Turkoglu, must also be prepared to both defend the ball and chase Turkoglu through screens, a job James can more than handle.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/2617/what-orlandos-moves-mean-for-heat-magic-matchup

Looking at it more, I'm pissed off more now.. Lewis for Arenas was a very good move however what the ***** were they thinking when they traded the other 3 for veteran forward Hedo Turkoglu, guard Jason Richardson and second-year center Earl Clark. No chance of making the eastern conference finals now

Looking at it more, I'm pissed off more now.. Lewis for Arenas was a very good move however what the ***** were they thinking when they traded the other 3 for veteran forward Hedo Turkoglu, guard Jason Richardson and second-year center Earl Clark. No chance of making the eastern conference finals now

We were not going to win anything with Carter on this team. Richardson sounds pretty good to me. What did you expect Smith to do- sit around and watch the Magic drop 20 games? Peaches was very inconsistent. I am glad Turk is back. Gortat wanted out of the Magic. I am just glad Smith did something to give the Magic some hope.

We were not going to win anything with Carter on this team. Richardson sounds pretty good to me. What did you expect Smith to do- sat around and watch the Magic drop 20 games? Peaches was very inconsistent. I am glad Turk is back. Gortat wanted out of the Magic. I am just glad Smith did something to give the Magic some hope.

Arenas needs to bring his blog back!!!

We were not going to win anything with Carter on this team. Richardson sounds pretty good to me. What did you expect Smith to do- sat around and watch the Magic drop 20 games? Peaches was very inconsistent. I am glad Turk is back. Gortat wanted out of the Magic. I am just glad Smith did something to give the Magic some hope.

Arenas is the big gamble there. He could cost the franchise in many years if we dont win this year.

IMO, Jason Richardson is totally worth it. Of all the players I watched in the post season he stood out as having heart and a win-or-die-trying attitude.

Let's face it - Peaches wasn't happy and it showed. Gortat wasn't happy and it showed. 'Shard wasn't happy and it showed. VC is old and it showed.

• Upvote 2

Arenas is the big gamble there. He could cost the franchise in many years if we dont win this year.

I am not too sold on Arenas yet. I would have liked to see how Lewis and Turk played together before trading him. I am not going to lie, I am glad Carter is gone.

:xmas: :xmas: :xmas:

So you think that the 3 we traded were going to put us into the finals? You realize that you are talking about Carter, Gortat, and Peaches, right?

• Upvote 3

My lineup, and I apologize if this has been said already, didn't want to go through the whole thread:

PG - Jameer/Arenas/Duhon

SG- JRich/Redick

SF- Turk/QRich

PF- Bass/Anderson/Clark

C- Dwight/Allen/Orton

I think if anyone can convince Arenas to play sixth man, and be comfortable with it, playing starter's minutes, it's Otis.

I can't wait to see that 3/5 pick and roll again. Hopefully it's '09 caliber.

Guys..my source was very close to nailing this trade at 1am last night and I have heard more.

The Magic are not done. They intend to trade JJ/Jwill/Ryan Anderson Qrich or Duhon for another big.

Sorry that's so vague, but the main point is that the team is not done, and plans to get bigger with most likely JJ as a trade centerpiece.

My lineup, and I apologize if this has been said already, didn't want to go through the whole thread:

PG - Jameer/Arenas/Duhon

SG- JRich/Redick

SF- Turk/QRich

PF- Bass/Anderson/Clark

C- Dwight/Allen/Orton

I think if anyone can convince Arenas to play sixth man, and be comfortable with it, playing starter's minutes, it's Otis.

I can't wait to see that 3/5 pick and roll again. Hopefully it's '09 caliber.

why would Otis have traded for Arenas(17mil) to come off the bench? what is the logic in that? and I don't like our PF rotation at all, if we have to start Bass.

Well, if these moves don't bode well in the future, Otis will be out of a job. That would be 4 major moves he's made in this franchise, 2 of which were failures. I'd expect further desperation at the deadline if our play continues