Jareth Cutestory

DONE DEAL. MAGIC TRADE GORTAT/VINCE/PEACHES/1ST FOR J-RICH/HEDO/EARL CLARK

We dont play any point guards. Nelson is a short SG. It doesn't matter what you call them, in our offense they'll be shooting threes in a Nelson-Arenas-Richardson lineup

Nelson's been distributing well lately. His vision throughout the years has been criticized by myself and many others, but he's shown up this season.

EDIT: I do agree that we're going to be launching them all day though. I don't mind that at all.

Yeah, but why be impatient and get a guy that could set your team back? That is, if you want to show Dwight that we want to win, and win now, why not explore and search for more beneficial deals? Was Arenas the only guy on the table that we could get? The Best possible player? I don't know, but I think we could have waited and gotten better talent because of that.

I dont think we could find better deals. There are a lot of expiring contracts out there and teams with good young talent. This isn't a horrific trade but it does force us to win now. Lewis and Carter (though carter was better this year) aren't dynamic enough to play well in big games anymore. We needed to shake things up.

Sure, as long as you agree that is my right to inform you that you sound like a 55 year old man trying very hard to sound cooler than you actually are.

B.B. King is cool and he's 85 years old. Age has nothing to do with being cool, young man.

• Upvote 1

Nelson's been distributing well lately. His vision throughout the years has been criticized by myself and many others, but he's shown up this season.

I agree. Doesn't change the fact that he's at his best attacking the defense or setting up for catch and shoot threes. We don't need a "PG" to be successful. We just need guys that are able to dribble up the court. That's why the team was successful playing Lee at PG for stretches after Jameer went down.

the way im going to be really sold on this trade is if we were smart enough to get some sort of termination cluase added into arenas contract if thats possible. we hurt losing Shard for 10 games at the start of last year and if he is going to do somthing dumb and get another lenghy suspension that will hurt us too.

For the arguement on defense, I'm really not too concerned about that. The difference is SVG's defensive system versus typical man to man coverage. Yes these guys are terrible one on one, but if they can learn and buy into SVG's defensive plays I think we'll be just fine. Bottom line is the rest of this season might be pretty ugly for us, but at the end of the day I'm glad Otis made a trade like this earlier rather than later. This hopefully gives the team more time to gel so we can be as prepped as we can be come playoffs.

First this trade doesn't make sense... We needed a go to scorer.... Not scorers..... Not let's rebuild the house...

And for what we gave up, doesn't match.... Okay great it's an equal expiration contract..

But why Gil... Is he really a Go to scorer? Now.

J rich... I can see why... But if I wanted MP... I would of kept MP... Difference is Rich drives more... Also.. Now we are the first team to have the "Richardsons" (Brothas from different Mothas).

Giving up a draft pick and money? Why?

I'm just confused all around.

I agree. Doesn't change the fact that he's at his best attacking the defense or setting up for catch and shoot threes. We don't need a "PG" to be successful. We just need guys that are able to dribble up the court. That's why the team was successful playing Lee at PG for stretches after Jameer went down.

Yeah, I wonder if Hedo will ever assume the Point Forward role again. Maybe for select plays, I don't think we necessarily need that at this point though.

Yeah, I wonder if Hedo will ever assume the Point Forward role again. Maybe for select plays, I don't think we necessarily need that at this point though.

I don't know if he's good enough anymore. From time to time i expect him to be dangerous but not enough to be featured.