Sign in to follow this  
Hank Moody

Matt Barnes or Q Rich?

Barnes or Q?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH WOULD YOU RATHER HAVE TODAY?

• Q Rich
    • Matt Barnes

Q is a better shooter and just as good defensively, if not better. Barnes did nothing in the playoffs and then demanded a pay raise. Otis isn't going to give the guy more money when he didn't score or play any defense in the playoffs. I wouldn't have minded keeping Barnes but I am more than happy having Richardson too. The whole Barnes/Richardson thing is pointless. Even if Barnes was indeed better, he'd hardly make us better as a team right now.

I think that Q is a better scorer, about the same defender, about the same or better rebounder, and a better locker room guy. HOWEVER, I think that we miss Barnes' cutting to the basket. If Q can add some sort of slashing into his game then he is undeniably better for our team.

Right now, Barnes. The only thing Q is better at is 3 point shooting and since he's sucking at it now.. he has almost nothing over Barnes imo. Barnes slashing at least was consistent.

I'm tired of people clamoring over arbitrary bull**** like "toughness" and "leadership". Focus on tangible qualities.

I'll take Q Rich for the simple fact that guys won't sag off him like he's Rondo.

• Upvote 1

Barnes was one of the only players who ran fast breaks last year, how many we got now? Dont really expect the former fat boy Q to run too fast.

• Upvote 1

The stats for both players should have been listed in the opening post so people could get a clearer picture....so I'll add them now:

BARNES: .............. Q. RICH.

PER - 17.0 .............. PER - 11.58

FG% - 50 ............... FG% - 38

FT% -77................ FT% - 85

TS% -60 ............... TS% - 52

3pt. % - 35 ............... 3pt.% - 33

Rebs. - 5.3 ............... Rebs. - 4.3

PPG - 8.6 ................ PPG - 7.3

Asists - 1.9 ............... Asists- 1.0

Stls. - .78 ............... Stls. - .48

Blks - .43 ................ Blks. - .13

Don't forget....Barnes is known mostly as a defensive player....Q. is noted most for his offense.

I almost forgot....games and minutes played are almost identical.

You decide....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

The stats for both players should have been listed in the opening post so people could get a clearer picture....so I'll add them now:

Don't forget....Barnes is known mostly as a defensive player....Q. is noted most for his offense.

I almost forgot....games and minutes played are almost identical.

You decide....

Assists, steals, blocks ... Look at the bottom of that list. When I watch the Magic play, I just observe. I miss Matt Barnes toughness and ability to drive on this team. We've become more of a chucker team this year. The stats BallJunkie provided help prove a very important point of what this team is currently missing. Look, if Q Rich can turn his game around and contribute more consistently, I'll be a happy man. Until then -- I miss Matt Barnes on this team. Matt Barnes gets the vote in my book. Thanks for providing the stats, BallJunkie!