Sign in to follow this  
NickAnderson

Arenas Trade in Talks with Magic?

(i mean, could it be worse that shard's?).

no, it is worse. Their deals are essentially identical, what makes it worse is that Arenas' deal is a year longer than Shard's.

sure sure, IF Gilbert works out, he's an elite FTA guy, great scorer, great one on one guy, just what the Dr. ordered really, but let's get real, in a worst case scenario - this could be a real nightmare.

And also, where would Arenas play with us. Backourt Jameer-Agent 0?

Nelson

Arenas

Q

---

Howard

Arenas? No.

Blatche? Hell yes.

This is the kind of lockdown pick and roll defense we need, that only Blatche can provide:

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=CZsgq7uGRpI

Can someone embed this link for me? It's not letting me do it from my office, and I don't want to rob anyone of this text book example of how to defend a pick and roll. Dwight should take notes.

Arenas? No.

Blatche? Hell yes.

This is the kind of lockdown pick and roll defense we need, that only Blatche can provide:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsgq7uGRpI

It still makes me laugh every time I see it.

Stan has a history of getting the most out of his players, any chance he can turn these guys around?

Marc, to be honest, it's possible. Blatche is still young. He has the big fella in the middle to clean up the inevitable messes. Stan maximizes talent all the time. Look what he did to JJ.

I mean, it's not IMPOSSIBLE.

I think the one thing that could make Arenas' contract better is that he is a more productive player than Rashard is at this point. However, Rashard is more durable so that may be a moot point.

I don't think there is any turning Blatche around. He is an extremely talented player that has the basketball IQ of a grapefruit. He will make Pietrus look John Wooden.

Can someone embed this link for me? It's not letting me do it from my office, and I don't want to rob anyone of this text book example of how to defend a pick and roll. Dwight should take notes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZsgq7uGRpI

Also, Blatche is awful and this deal would only be worth it if we swung Blatche to a third team for prime Karl Malone.

VC expires this year?

I thought we had him for 2011/12 also.

Knowing this, it is not such a good contract swap. I mean, talent wise Gilbert may be even with Shard, even better, but there are 2 problems: Attitude and it is not addressing a need. If VC goes, i would like JJ to start. IF Gilbert can be a 6th man, like Carter should be now, it wouldnt be so bad.

I havent seen so much of Blatche, but i thought he was better than what the forum gives him credit for.