Sign in to follow this  
PartyPoison

What current/former Magic should be a hall of famer?

I was playing NBA 2k11 the other day and the topic of change in the Hall of fame voting came out in commentating. It got me thinking of what former and current Magic players should be considered in Hall of Fame

Obvious choice would be:

Shaq- He did play in Orlando for 4 years and was dominant til Dwight came into the league.

Dwight- I think if he continues this monsterous season for the rest of the career there will be no doubt

Vince Carter- He completely changed the Dunk Contest. IF he wasnt in the dunk contest I dont think it would be around anymore.

Then there are some up for grabs:

Scott Skiles- Holds the record for most assists in a game with 30 but didn't play in the league very long.

Dennis Scott- Held previous record of 3's with 11 in a game

Nick Anderson- What he did for the organization was amazing..if anything he should have his jersey retired

Penny Hardaway- Without him Orlando wouldnt have won 60 games. Off the court issues and injuries may cost him.

What are your thoughts?

Honestly Only Shaq IMO is the only Magic that should be a Hall Of Famer if you like it or not. And No doubt when Dwight is done with his career he would be hall of famer also...

But in retrospect the only 2 jerseys I would retire is Nick Anderson and Darryl Armstrong and Dwight when he is done....

If we include all current and former Magic players, then Shaq, Ewing, Wilkens and Carter belong in the basketball Hall of Fame. Dwight will be there no later than 2 years from now, but gun to my head, I doubt I'd vote for him to get in if he retired today.

• Upvote 1

unfortunately, only two of those guys are considerations to the Hall of Fame (dwight and shaq). Mcgrady's career got cut short with injuries. The rest of those players hold franchise/some nba records but not enough to warrant HOF designation.

I personally, would only retire players' jersey if they accomplished something huge like MVP or finals MVP or HOF obviously. None of those other guys scream retired jerseys. but that's just me.

If we include all current and former Magic players, then Shaq, Ewing, Wilkens and Carter belong in the basketball Hall of Fame. Dwight will be there no later than 2 years from now, but gun to my head, I doubt I'd vote for him to get in if he retired today.

vince carter? in the HOF? i'd like to hear your explanation on that!

he's worth a retired jersey up there in Toronto but that's about it.