Sign in to follow this  
DaveCorzineLives!

Hate Raining down On Dwight

That was written by someone who has not watched much, if any, of Dwight this season, and his entire break down of Dwight's game is based off of Barkley comments instead of observations and stats. With that lack of substance, and only using someone else's opinion to further the cause instead of his own opinion backed by stats and observations, I was expecting it to end with an "Interesting? Ha-ha."

• Upvote 1

"But when people discuss Orlando’s Dwight Howard, it’s invariably to point out his flaws. He might be the NBA’s reigning Adonis and its two-time defending Defensive Player of the Year, but he still doesn’t have the quintessential low-post game to match after six seasons in the league, and despite three straight first-team All-NBA berths. And that’s after working the past three seasons with Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing, and even after getting a five-day tutorial from Olajuwon this past summer.

“He is getting better, but the Magic have no chance of beating the Celtics or the Heat,’’ Charles Barkley observed the other day. “Dwight Howard has to become more dominant. He is still not dominating. He is not making them double him every time. Unless Dwight Howard becomes more dominant, like a young Shaquille O’Neal, the Orlando Magic are just going to be a good-looking regular-season team with a bunch of good players. They are not going to beat the Heat or the Celtics going to Vince Carter with the game on the line. It has got to be Dwight Howard.”

Even with his flaws, Howard is the best center in the NBA today, hands down.

Then again, that’s nothing to brag about."

I have alot of Respect for Charles B. but you really can't invest too much into what he says. Hell, I'd be scared to anoint us anything above the ECF as well. For the past 3 Seasons Charles has been on our Banwagon (untill after the All-Star break last year when he jumped ship onto Cleveland's Wagon) but can you blame him for not picking us? Untill we actually win a Championship we're just the team that raises hopes just to have them deflated.

Now reading the last sentence of that article "Then again, that's nothing to brag about" I got the sence someones a little sour. I think he's saying that since their arn't many "Big Men" in the League anymore Dwight's the best of the small mediocre bunch? <_<

All we have to do is take care of our buisness and let the Haters Hate.

Here's an experiment:

He lists his examples of awesome centers as Wilt, Russell, Hakeem, Drob, Shaq, and Ewing.

There's an 11 season gap between Wilt's last season and Hakeem's first. 12 seasons between that and Ewing's first. 16 seasons between it and Drob's first. 19 to Shaq's first.

So there's a pretty substantial gap between there.

Haha, interesting?

It amazes me when people say Dwight isn't that good offensivlely or dominate but yet still compare him to elite centers - when in the writer's eye's Dwight isn't "that great".

Without Oden, Yao or Bynum able to stay on the court for long stretches, there is only one premier player at the position in today’s NBA. But when people discuss Orlando’s Dwight Howard, it’s invariably to point out his flaws. He might be the NBA’s reigning Adonis and its two-time defending Defensive Player of the Year, but he still doesn’t have the quintessential low-post game to match after six seasons in the league, and despite three straight first-team All-NBA berths. And that’s after working the past three seasons with Magic assistant coach Patrick Ewing, and even after getting a five-day tutorial from Olajuwon this past summer.

“He is getting better, but the Magic have no chance of beating the Celtics or the Heat,’’ Charles Barkley observed the other day. “Dwight Howard has to become more dominant. He is still not dominating. He is not making them double him every time. Unless Dwight Howard becomes more dominant, like a young Shaquille O’Neal, the Orlando Magic are just going to be a good-looking regular-season team with a bunch of good players. They are not going to beat the Heat or the Celtics going to Vince Carter with the game on the line. It has got to be Dwight Howard.”

Even with his flaws, Howard is the best center in the NBA today, hands down.

Then again, that’s nothing to brag about.

Its been five ****ing years! FIVE ****ING YEARS and there stillllllllllll going on about how Dwight hasn't established a low post game!!! What the hell are these people watching and how the **** do they get their job?! This article almost made me destroy my freaking keyboard!

Its been five ****ing years! FIVE ****ING YEARS and there stillllllllllll going on about how Dwight hasn't established a low post game!!! What the hell are these people watching and how the **** do they get their job?! This article almost made me destroy my freaking keyboard!

Did somebody say KEYBOARD!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J---aiyznGQ&autoplay=1

:bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty: :bigparty: :offtopic:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You got hate in your heart let it out.

Don't let the liberal media tell you how to feel.

If you don't like Will, that doesn't mean there is something wrong with you, there's something wrong with Will. (Will is a homosexual)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2