Sign in to follow this  
Franchero MVP

Start JJ Reddick Thread

Yes, I like the Vince with the second unit thing....I'm not saying definitetively to start Redick but I like how (as someone already mentioned) Redick plays off of Jameer as opposed to how Vince plays with him....and as others have already mentioned, is Vince dependable....injury wise and performance wise????

How is JJ dependable performance wise? He's played like pure piss this season before the last two games. VC has actually had a good year despite the low PPG numbers. When he's healthy, he's the starter. Besides, I'd like more than one game from JJ before I want him starting anyways.

IT'S OFFICAL... what all of us already knew, the Magic are a better team with VC on the bench.

More plays called for "hot" Lewis, more pick and rolls for Jameer and Dwight, better defense coverage, and yes a better more productive guard who knows how to get the ball first to key players (Dwight, Lewis) and look last for his shot. Not bad contributing 20 points against Miami while running the offense plays most effectively.

WHAT MORE COULD YOU ASK FOR, NOTHING. THE DEBATE IS OVER, there is no debate, lets move on and look forward to more of this to come.

...and please all you VC relatives, dont wast our time with your posts, it's embarresing

fed up with you

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i am most likely jj's biggest fan, however as much as i would like to see him start i think it might be a mistake every night. against the big 2's in the league he would have a hard time and it would put a lot of pressure on howard to double. also jj with nelson gives us a very small back court. i like vc with the secound unit idea. if you start jj then i think bass should start as well to help howard. you still have three solid 3 point shooters and more defense and rebounding. when you play the lakers for example you need mp or q-rich on the floor. let jj play with vc on the 2nd unit. finally, it's time to start bass period and leave lewis at the 3. most nights you have howard, bass, lewis, jj, nelson. you change jj on special match ups.

I would be interested in doing simply because it should limit the amount of time Stan plays that all reserve lineup. Giving up leads is almost inevitable when Gortat, Bass, Pietrus, JJ and Duhon are on the floor together.

As for your reasoning for starting JJ: It's retarded.

Agreed! VC off the bench may lead to more bench scoring, but the only drawback would be JJ's inability to hang with the starting 2's in this confrence! It is worth the look and may even fire up VC, while adding to his trade value going into the allstar break!

I would want to see Redick start at the 2 and slide Vince down to the small forward position just to see what happens.

Look. JJ Redick is not a better player than Vince. That's nonsense.

The problem is, however, is that JJ fits in better with the starting line up. Vince is showing an inability to play with other stars, especially Lewis. JJ knows how to play off Jameer; Vince does not.

With Vince's style of play, it would be more effective to have him with the second unit. When the whole second unit was in yesterday, the ball movement was stalwart. Duhon has no idea how to run our offense properly. If we put Vince with him, Vince can run the offense the way he wants to. He's the star, and he can take over.

If JJ plays well tonight, then maybe SVG should explore this possibility. Let him be the ball dominant player he was in NJ with the second unit and destroy the opposing team's bench unit.

If it doesn't work, start him again. I have faith that VC can own with the second unit, but I do not have too much faith in JJ playing well consistently with the starters. I'm not sure if he is good enough to start to be honest.

• Downvote 1

If JJ plays well tonight, then maybe SVG should explore this possibility. Let him be the ball dominant player he was in NJ with the second unit and destroy the opposing team's bench unit.

Agreed (first time? lol)

Maybe the start JJ thing was a little too premature, but let's see how he plays tonight.

Agreed (first time? lol)

Maybe the start JJ thing was a little too premature, but let's see how he plays tonight.

i like jj, what concerns me most is if the chemistry is better with him and meer, than carter and meer. if it is then im ok with him starting, but against some teams it would be a disaster.