Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

How important is a healthy V.C. to the Magic's success?

this is not unexpected but really sucks as we approach Dec 15th and if he doesn't show up in the nationally televised game vs the Heat then his trade value is definitely plummeting even worse than it already is...

this is not unexpected but really sucks as we approach Dec 15th and if he doesn't show up in the nationally televised game vs the Heat then his trade value is definitely plummeting even worse than it already is...

is this a serious post or are you just being facetious?

My counter question:

"How important is a Ball Junkie thread to a successful True Blue Nation Forum?"

Ball Junkie and his evil twin Smack Daddy are very important to a successful Forum. We have so many homers here that we sometimes lose perspective. And worse than the homers are the ones who just say "Player X Sucks. Trade him."

Junkie and Smack are both able to defend their positions, as I have learned by trying to argue with each.

Now maybe they shouldn't start, but it is great having them come off of the bench when the board is getting boring.

Ball Junkie and his evil twin Smack Daddy are very important to a successful Forum. We have so many homers here that we sometimes lose perspective. And worse than the homers are the ones who just say "Player X Sucks. Trade him."

Junkie and Smack are both able to defend their positions, as I have learned by trying to argue with each.

Now maybe they shouldn't start, but it is great having them come off of the bench when the board is getting boring.

I agree about Smack, but Ball Junkie never really does any of that. He'll post articles, say "interesting????" and then move on to the next article. He usually never provides his own views outside the stupid cliches and by beating the dead horse.

At the end of the day is all about "ROI".......

Its a lovely business term to which is used to figure out if you made the right choice on the money you spent.....

Return On Investment - What was the return on the money you invested.

In this case, we invested a good, young 2 in Lee..... and continued to pay NJ's horrible contract they offered to VC....

Now the return should be VC playing like he is getting paid and possibly another shot at the Championship or even winning it.....

Last year we paid VC 16.3 Million Dollars for 16.6ppg - 3.1apg - 0.2 rpg ........ not to include the fact that he went missing when we needed him the most against Boston.

This year we are paying VC 17.3 Million Dollars.... and so far we are getting 13.9ppg - 2.5apg -0.1rpg ...... not to include his first missing appearance in Miami...

And so far the ROI on this..... isnt even close to what it should be. And since we are talking about a 12yr player.... I doubt that we will ever get the return on what we think we should get back.

And now looking at it.... it was a bad trade.....

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Its a lovely business term to which is used to figure out if you made the right choice on the money you spent.....

In this case, we invested a good, young 2 in Lee..... and continued to pay NJ's horrible contract they offered to VC....

Now the return should be VC playing like he is getting paid and possibly another shot at the Championship or even winning it.....

Last year we paid VC 16.3 Million Dollars for 16.6ppg - 3.1apg - 0.2 rpg ........ not to include the fact that he went missing when we needed him the most against Boston.

This year we are paying VC 17.3 Million Dollars.... and so far we are getting 13.9ppg - 2.5apg -0.1rpg ...... not to include his first missing appearance in Miami...

And so far the ROI on this..... isnt even close to what it should be. And since we are talking about a 12yr player.... I doubt that we will ever get the return on what we think we should get back.

And now looking at it.... it was a bad trade.....

Is this a serious post?

First of all, Carter's value is not by how much he produces but how much he helps the team win. If we end up winning the championship, then he met (really over-exceeded) expectations.

Now, no fan should EVER complain about a player's salary because they're not paying one cent of it. Not only that, but these salaries aren't hindering the team from competing. Even if we completely cut Lewis AND Carter, we would still be over the cap and not be able to sign any FA. The value we got from the VC trade was great and with Carter's contract expiring, we still have the option for a plan B and to dump his expiring for other players. Yeah they get paid a lot, but how does this really affect you as a fan? It's not your money and it's not like they would play differently if they had a different contract. Maybe if they had a smaller contract it would be easier to move them, but it's not like there's better talent floating around the league and GMs willing to give them up for next to nothing.

As this goes to anyone actually thinking Carter/Lewis should average 20ppg because of how much they get paid. Can you imagine going to Howard and saying "Hey Dwight, we know you're clearly our best offensive weapon and most efficient, but we gotta cut down on your touches because Lewis and Carter make more than you"

• Upvote 1

I think you should have paid more attention in school, or put more analysis into your project before you handed it in for review.

• Upvote 2

Now, no fan should EVER complain about a player's salary because they're not paying one cent of it. Not only that, but these salaries aren't hindering the team from competing. Even if we completely cut Lewis AND Carter, we would still be over the cap and not be able to sign any FA. The value we got from the VC trade was great and with Carter's contract expiring, we still have the option for a plan B and to dump his expiring for other players. Yeah they get paid a lot, but how does this really affect you as a fan? It's not your money and it's not like they would play differently if they had a different contract. Maybe if they had a smaller contract it would be easier to move them, but it's not like there's better talent floating around the league and GMs willing to give them up for next to nothing.

Man, I can complain all I want about overpaid players. I'm not paying their checks, but the organization that I love and have passion for does. I mean, it doesn't get me heated like someone cutting me off on the road...but if someone isn't living up to the standard of their pay, I think people can get upset about it.

I'm not talking about basketball player salaries as a whole (as they are pro athletes), but rather how much they are paid in respect to the market...how do they perform and do they provide what the team needs in comparison to the other players.\

And whether or not we are under the cap if we cut Lewis' and Carter's salaries is irrelevant IMO. If they tack on large amounts of $$$ to our cap, then financially they are hurting us:

It's like if you get an electric bill every quarter (hypothetical scenario), and say you want it capped at $1000. Your electric expenses equate to $2000 (damn). When looking closer, your dryer is costing you $500 every quarter and refrigeration is costing you $250 ($750 total). That means you are still at $1250 and $250 over your cap. Should you be upset about the $750 that your dryer and refrigeration cost you, even if you are still $250 over the cap when eliminating them from your bill?