Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Food, drinks - and prices - supersized at new Amway Center(link)

people act like expensive, low quality food only occurs in orlando. At FSU football games its like $5.50 for a small sprite. Just eat before you go. I haven't bought food at a sporting event in years.

Right. At least at a basketball game that's only going to last 3 hours, that's a luxury you have.

When I went to Bonnaroo 3 years ago, I was there for four days, and wasn't allowed to leave. A corndog and a 20 ounce coke was $11.50, and again: I wasn't allowed to leave for four days. Instead I walked around in 97 degree weather all day for a four day weekend in a place where a 20 ounce soda was $3.50.

A little perspective is necessary.

Right. At least at a basketball game that's only going to last 3 hours, that's a luxury you have.

When I went to Bonnaroo 3 years ago, I was there for four days, and wasn't allowed to leave. A corndog and a 20 ounce coke was $11.50, and again: I wasn't allowed to leave for four days. Instead I walked around in 97 degree weather all day for a four day weekend in a place where a 20 ounce soda was $3.50.

A little perspective is necessary.

how do those events not end up like Andersonville prison in the civil war?

• Upvote 1

there are plenty of places to eat, as soon as you finish the game around church st. Vote with your dollars.

Sounds like this commissioner is trying to make headlines. Why am I not surprised...

I spent 13 dollars last weekend at a concert for the most pathetic chicken sandwich you've ever seen and a small sprite. That was expensive.

how do those events not end up like Andersonville prison in the civil war?

1) The people are spread over a much larger area.

2) 60% of people there were hippies, who are about as intimidating as a girl scout troop

3) Radiohead was playing, which distracted everyone from rising up against the evil Bonnaroo overlords.

To complain about prices will go unheard. IMO you know what your getting into if you plan on buying food from an Event Venu like the Amway Center or other examples such as Disney,IOA etc.. If one plans to eat at these sort of places then they better be ready to dip into their pockets a little deeper than normal. If one is not willing to bend for those prices then just eat before hand, or sneak some snacks in. :popcorn:

"You're not comparing apples to apples," said Allebaugh, adding that a prepackaged turkey-and-bacon sandwich is on sale for $7 at a portable Panera stand nearby.

Weird how that was left out.

Go to a bar in Manhattan. Not a stadium, a BAR. A bottle of Bud Light is $6. Until you've paid $6 for a bottle of crappy domestic beer at a normal bar, I never want to hear you complain about stadium beer prices.

If we are comparing bar prices, there are bars in South Korea where a bottle of Corona will run you 10 dollars. I've seen a 5th of Jack and other domestic liquors go for over a 100 dollars.

I can get a pitcher of beer at Ale House for $5, and have to pay $6 for a bottle in NY. Speaking of which, don't bother asking for a pitcher or a bucket at a bar in NY. I tried that once, they all looked at me funny. They had never heard of the concept.