Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

"Howard Signing Extension Not Automatic"

Dwight is simply stating Otis you need to get something done here or im done with Orlando.

Otis needs to get his act together and stop with I like this team bs and trade for another bonafide superstar that can help him win the championship here in orlando or he is looking somewhere else to win it...

Since I starting following the Magic, I have not been impressed with Smith choices- Not resigning Barnes who gave the Magic toughness; trading Lee for Anderson; signing an old washed out Carter to replace Turk who fit the Magic system, signing a bad Duhon and other moves. So, now I don't believe that Smith can pull off a Pat Riley move. Having said that Dwight will most likely sign with either the Lakers or Heat when he is a FA.

• Downvote 2

Good God, what a bunch of spazzes. Seriously. I understand the goal is a title and we haven't won one yet, but Otis puts together the best team in franchise history and one of the best in the league and all of the sudden he's made bad moves? How fickle can we possibly be?

Sure we've played in some close games through the first 10% of the season. Wanna know who else has? The Boston Celtics. You'd never know it because they've beaten Miami twice on national TV, but the team reigning supreme in the eastern conference according to most people has lost to Cleveland and Dalls and eeked out OT wins against the Bulls, Bucks, and Grizzlies. Doesn't sound like dominance to me.

I think some people on this board need to start to put things in perspective. I'm not even trying to be a dick. I'm the biggest Magic fan I know and I get pretty hot-tempered when we lose. But we've played 9 games. 9 games. We talkin' bout 9 games. Do you know how many NBA franchises would absolutely kill for half the success we've had over the past 2 seasons? Our team is good. Really good. Sometimes you might not play like it. I just wish some of us could take a step back and appreciate how great it is to have a great team to root for instead of concentrating on what we don't have every waking second. Wake me up if we're .500 half way through the season. Then I'll be concerned.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Dwight is simply stating Otis you need to get something done here or im done with Orlando.

Otis needs to get his act together and stop with I like this team bs and trade for another bonafide superstar that can help him win the championship here in orlando or he is looking somewhere else to win it...

Yes, Otis is clearly holding back from signing a superstar

Seriously, please tell me not everyone's this. . . uninformed.

We don't have the pieces to trade for a superstar (short of Howard) and acquiring a superstar isn't as easy as some of you make it out to be.

And as a response to Junkie, must of us KNOW how great if Dwight was able to get a legitimate all-star to play next to him, BUT THERE AREN'T ANY AVAILABLE. My god, this isn't NBA 2k, you can't just think up of unrealistic trades and think the other team will agree to it.

• Upvote 1

Good God, what a bunch of spazzes. Seriously. I understand the goal is a title and we haven't won one yet, but Otis puts together the best team in franchise history and one of the best in the league and all of the sudden he's made bad moves? How fickle can we possibly be?

Sure we've played in some close games through the first 10% of the season. Wanna know who else has? The Boston Celtics. You'd never know it because they've beaten Miami twice on national TV, but the team reigning supreme in the eastern conference according to most people has lost to Cleveland and Dalls and eeked out OT wins against the Bulls, Bucks, and Grizzlies. Doesn't sound like dominance to me.

I think some people on this board need to start to put things in perspective. I'm not even trying to be a dick. I'm the biggest Magic fan I know and I get pretty hot-tempered when we lose. But we've played 9 games. 9 games. We talkin' bout 9 games. Do you know how many NBA franchises would absolutely kill for half the success we've had over the past 2 seasons? Our team is good. Really good. Sometimes you might not play like it. I just wish some of us could take a step back and appreciate how great it is to have a great team to root for instead of concentrating on what we don't have every waking second. Wake me up if we're .500 half way through the season. Then I'll be concerned.

this is one of the best responses i have seen up here. you are so right. the magic havent even hit their stride yet. their best ball is ahead of them. when its time to think about the championship, i will, but for now im gonna enjoy some magic basketball.

Since I starting following the Magic, I have not been impressed with Smith choices- Not resigning Barnes who gave the Magic toughness; trading Lee for Anderson; signing an old washed out Carter to replace Turk who fit the Magic system, signing a bad Duhon and other moves. So, now I don't believe that Smith can pull off a Pat Riley move. Having said that Dwight will most likely sign with either the Lakers or Heat when he is a FA.

let the team gel first then we can see what we have. like bmp pointed out, we had some early losses last season, but after the all star break, we were the best team in basketball.

Great, great post.

It's threads like this one and replies like the one on the first page that make me really not like coming to this board. The stupidity here is really starting to become overwhelming.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

let the team gel first then we can see what we have. like bmp pointed out, we had some early losses last season, but after the all star break, we were the best team in basketball.

I am sure all Magic fans are hoping for this to happen.

Beyond the trade ideas, Stan has to seriously clean up his rotations, which have been awful. He treats the SF and PF positions like the Pats treat their RB position. We need consistency in the plan and execution of it.

I'm fine with SVG using the regular season to experiment and keep options viable if it means no repeat of the Boston series...even if it produces some inconsistencies during the season. I'm not fine with certain players playing poorly and being exempt from SVG's scrutiny. For example, JJ & Q are playing terrible, & I've always preferred Pietrus at 2.

• Upvote 1

I'm fine with SVG using the regular season to experiment and keep options viable if it means no repeat of the Boston series...even if it produces some inconsistencies during the season. I'm not fine with certain players playing poorly and being exempt from SVG's scrutiny. For example, JJ & Q are playing terrible, & I've always preferred Pietrus at 2.

Yeah, SVG said himself that he didn't go to the lineups because the team didn't have enough experience with them. I'm glad he is experimenting and seeing what works. I expect him to have solid rotations by the All Star Break, and have us playing amazing basketball.

If someone could tell me why it would be "automatic" for Dwight to just come out and say he's signing an extension, I'd love to hear it.

It's amazing what meaningless games in November do to people.