Sign in to follow this  
Arielle

With Melo on the trading block, what would it take to get him in Magic uniform?

3 consecutive weak games for our Orlando Magic. Almost lost to the Nets. Something doesn't feel right with the Magic at this time. I think something is going on in the locker room.

Someone said in another post that Lewis may be on the trading block to try and get Melo here, as Melo reportedly has New Orleans, New York, or Orlando in his eyes. I doubt any of this is true as they are rumors and more than half (more than 90%???) of the rumors on here never happen. Case in point: Chris Paul debacle. The RevTy and Fishibash rumors were proven wrong.

So ... I'm curious ... is it POSSIBLE for us to even get Melo here? Who can we trade? And is there ANY chance they would take it pending Melo forces the Nuggets to trade him?

VC/Duhon/Anderson for Melo/Billups

Would this scenario add up?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I say we send Orton to Denver to tie up Melo and put him into a bag and bring him back to Orlando and force him to play with the Magic. We can send Malik Allen to New Orleans for CP3 while we are at it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

3 consecutive weak games for our Orlando Magic. Almost lost to the Nets. Something doesn't feel right with the Magic at this time. I think something is going on in the locker room.

Someone said in another post that Lewis may be on the trading block to try and get Melo here, as Melo reportedly has New Orleans, New York, or Orlando in his eyes. I doubt any of this is true as they are rumors and more than half (more than 90%???) of the rumors on here never happen. Case in point: Chris Paul debacle. The RevTy and Fishibash rumors were proven wrong.

So ... I'm curious ... is it POSSIBLE for us to even get Melo here? Who can we trade? And is there ANY chance they would take it pending Melo forces the Nuggets to trade him?

What was your previous screenname?

Was this worth another thread? no **** they have played weak as recent

Lewis is untradeable (basically). Melo has one team in his eyes: New York. A rumour is anything that is spoken about and does not eventuate. That said all talk about trades are just rumours. So anything in talk about trades are all RUMOURS!

It is 0.01% possible of getting Melo here. There is no-one on our roster that nuggets would be interested in

NO! They mosewell let Melo's contract expire than do that trade. VC is on the books next year for 4mil if they waive him, or 17-18mil if they pick up his option (no one would). They do not want to get rid of Billups. Why would they want Duhon who is a waste of 4mil a year!

NO! and stop making threads just because you are bored and have been on realgm

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't agree with everything stated above. I think getting Carmelo here is more possible than people realize. Clearly, the Magic needs help. Melo has expressed a desire to move. The Knicks are showing they are not better than last year. Florida has no state luxury tax. Orlando has Dwight Howard.

Though I agree that there isn't much we can offer. Bass has been awesome, but would you trade 2 good pieces in Gortat and Bass to get Melo? 2 legit Magic stars and a Jameer Nelson on a mission - make for a very good foundation, willing that Melo stays with us if he is traded here.

We have possible trade pieces, if Melo insists on going to a contender.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

STOP STARTING THREADS!!!! your not good at it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just making suggestions to help improve my favorite team in the world. Do you have any suggestions? Do you have anything to contribute? I'm open to your suggestions, or are you satisfied with what you're seeing on the court? Watch a Lakers and Celtics game. See how the Celtics did against the Heat. DO some research and find out what the Heat's record is vs. > .500 team. When you find out the answer, you will find out something very very disturbing ...

• Downvote 1

The premier question should be: Is Melo willing to play for the Magic?

Right now, I'm just hearing rumors about Melo going to NY.

Should Anthony willing to join the Magic, I'm sure Otis can work a trade out which would give the Nugs some good valuable players in return. Thanks god, multiple team trades are feasible.

So I'm still waiting for Melo's commitment.

The premier question should be: Is Melo willing to play for the Magic?

Right now, I'm just hearing rumors about Melo going to NY.

Should Anthony willing to join the Magic, I'm sure Otis can work a trade out which would give the Nugs some good valuable players in return. Thanks god, multiple team trades are feasible.

So I'm still waiting for Melo's comitment.

Good thinking, UeberM. Otis should use Florida's no state luxury tax as a lure. Dwight is the LURE. Best Center in the league. Melo needs to be courted. Bring Melo here for VC (expiring), Bass, Gortat. When we lose Rashard pansy, then hopefully New Orleans will be on the down and Paul can be lured to play here. Then Nelson best 6th man in the league when Paul comes over :-) ...

• Downvote 1

Good thinking, UeberM. Otis should use Florida's no state luxury tax as a lure. Dwight is the LURE. Best Center in the league. Melo needs to be courted. Bring Melo here for VC (expiring), Bass, Gortat. When we lose Rashard pansy, then hopefully New Orleans will be on the down and Paul can be lured to play here. Then Nelson best 6th man in the league when Paul comes over :-) ...

First problem is, NO lure is allowed since he's under contract with a NBA team. So the best thing to do, is: Dwight picking up his I-Phone and contact Melo. And Melo saying in a press-conference: I like the sun which is shining western from the Bahamas.

And from what I heard everything is fine with Paul in NoLA since they started 8-0 into this season. Did I mentioned Emeka Okafor as a great contributor. I think I did a couple of months ago.