Sign in to follow this  
gporter

What will happen first?

What will happen first?   

37 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen first in the world of the Orlando Magic front office?

• Vince Carter will get traded.
    • Stan Van Gundy will get fired.
    • Who cares? Magic will never win anything, ever.
    • I hate you. Why did you make this thread?

Personally, I don't think anything is necessary at the moment... but you have to weigh the options. Obviously Jameer and Dwight want to win a championship. Vince Carter, while talented... probably isn't going to win us anything.

He was supposed to be that guy to go to, you know... against teams like Toronto. Regardless, we have come to find out that when we need him most, Vince Carter will NOT show up.

At this point I am probably being too harsh. Lets take a step back and stop putting ALL the blame on the players. What about the coaching staff? What about Stan Van Gundy??? or the Master of Panic as champions like to call him. I would like to start by saying Stan is a GREAT players coach, he is one of those guys that has a system in place, and wants guys on his team to do well... and will get in your face during the game if you aren't focused. I like that about him....

What I do NOT like.. is the system. Lets be honest, we aren't the 95 Rockets, and the make or break style that Stan likes to run with these low percentage three point shots will only work when the shots are falling. I am not so sure I believe in the system, but I do believe in the players... and I do believe that the Orlando Magic roster is a good enough roster to win.

What do you think?

40149_442295922790_677602790_5810633_4716510_n.jpg

66375_442290732790_677602790_5810472_2085838_n.jpg

Is that Steve Nash?

67568_442293307790_677602790_5810516_1875406_n.jpg

I wonder what Otis thinks...

• Downvote 3

Personally, I think that college night vs the Raptors is cursed. Two seasons ago, I attended college night against (who else) the Raptors. The game was shockingly close throughout, Toronto built a 13 point lead late, and we clawed back to tie the game. During the final seconds Bosh hit a dagger 20 footer and we ultimately missed the three that could have tied the game.

Today, same script, same team, same result, except we couldn't even attempt the game-tying three. Ugh.

Curse.

I'm sorry to say but either SVG nor VC is our weakest link atm..but who do you think would do better than svg?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the system, Magic hasn't really changed since the finals couple years back but last year against Boston the executing wasn't working and now at the start of the season its not working either. You cant blame the coach if the players are not making baskets from open spots.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I'm sorry to say but either SVG nor VC is our weakest link atm..but who do you think would do better than svg?

I dont think there is anything wrong with the system, Magic hasn't really changed since the finals couple years back but last year against Boston the executing wasn't working and now at the start of the season its not working either. You cant blame the coach if the players are not making baskets from open spots.

What is our weakest link then? please humor me.

I think it's safe for me to blame the head coach of a basketball team if they lost two games in a row at home the way they have. It's not like the Raptors/Jazz had any business winning those games... and you can't just say that we missed shots, because well... we didn't really miss that many shots tonight. The Magic team as a whole don't look ready to win anything. Jameer has been hurt, but now that he's back he's making a difference... although we are 0-2 since his return, and were 2-0 w/o him. Jameer haters will tell you this... but I can tell you that Jameer really isn't the problem. He seems to be the only person other than Dwight to actually CARE or play with any heart sometimes. I look at the body language of the players, and I know they get tired... and I know Lebron plays too many minutes down there in South Beach... but you have to want to win. Kobe Bryant wants to play all 48 minutes, and look where he is right now.

None of this early season shenanigans will really matter come May and maybe June... but you have to wonder how a team with this stacked of a roster, including Dwight Howard and his offensive improvement would put us over the top. All that championship experience... and you let a team with the worst record in the NBA come in off six straight losses... and beat you in your brand new Arena. I don't even want to talk about the Jazz game... which by the way, should have been a blowout. The Magic have a lot to work on... and IMO are going to be better than the Miami Heat. Will we beat the Celtics? I can't wait for Christmas. ;)

Back to the system... sure it has worked to help us break regular season records for the past few years, and with Hedo Turkoglu and a prime Rashard Lewis two years ago... we were able to play past the Celtics/Cavs. Either way, the rosters have been much improved. We basically got VC and Ryan Anderson for Courtney Lee... and guys like Jameer Nelson, JJ Redick, Brandon Bass, Marcin Gortat, and even Dwight are starting to enter the prime of their NBA careers. The coaching staff should do fine, but if the Magic seriously start to skid... and I mean it's obvious that anybody can figure out a plan to stop our basic offensive attack. The three point shots aren't falling as often as they should, and the defense/Dwight Howard have been there to help carry us to the five wins we have as a basketball team. So the team defending the Orlando Magic have a choice to make. Stop Dwight or stop the threes. If you stop the threes, it puts a lot of pressure on Superman to score points. He tends to then focus less on the important aspect of his role on the Magic. Defense and REBOUNDING. Take Kevin Love for example. ;) Seriously though, if Dwight gets five to ten blocks, and fifteen to twenty rebounds on any given night... how often do we lose? Exactly. So in order for the Orlando Magic to be a successful basketball team, they have to establish Dwight Howard early, then force the teams to double or go zone... like the Raptors did tonight, and then that will allow us to beat the other team with our three point shooters... or even a few wet jumpers from Bass. Either way, the Magic offense... as lethal as it can be, and usually is, can also be very predictable against teams like Boston and LA... which is why the Magic will need to pray those shots are falling in June this time around. If we make it that far.

Hopefully Stan starts to utilize MP more often, and as much as I like him coming off the bench... I really wouldn't mind seeing him guard Paul Pierce. He is our best wing defender, and has been since he scored more points than the Cavaliers bench in the ECF two years ago.

Here is to hoping for the best. ;)

This is honestly unbelievable to me. If what it takes is a 2 (count 'em, 2) game losing streak to seriously suggest canning the best coach in franchise history then I am dumbfounded. Have we honestly reached this point of overreaction? We all laugh and joke about the "PANIC" thing that abounds on these boards, but seriously considering the possibility of firing SVG 8 MARK JACKSON-ING GAMES into the season is completely and utterly outrageous.

There are 74 games before the playoffs. Call me crazy for not jumping ship on a top 5 coach/team on November 13th.

• Upvote 1

Trade Vince! because he's only shooting %50 FG and %44 3PT.

Rashard is playing at all star level. Q-Rich is amazing SF, 10 times better than Barnes. Nelson is a real playmaker, willing passer. Howard's FT percentage is %70. We also have great bench players (Duhon -very efficient player, Redick -best shooter)

yeah the problem is Vince. trade him please.

Trade him while we can... yes... because that Field Goal % is only going to get worse, although the expiring contract is the only thing I would want if I were trading for Vince Carter, anyway... some of you Orlando Magic fans. Talking about me overreacting... I am simply analyzing, and if you read my posts, you would realize that you are the one "overreacting". I am simply making VALID suggestions. The reality of this team is that there is no offensive facilitator. We will obviously need that against a team that is going to shut us down.

Get with the program. Losing the the Heat and Jazz are eye opening, but losing to the Raptors should easily validate any concern I may or may not have for the Magic as a basketball team.

Like I said though... hoping for the best.

This is honestly unbelievable to me. If what it takes is a 2 (count 'em, 2) game losing streak to seriously suggest canning the best coach in franchise history then I am dumbfounded. Have we honestly reached this point of overreaction? We all laugh and joke about the "PANIC" thing that abounds on these boards, but seriously considering the possibility of firing SVG 8 MARK JACKSON-ING GAMES into the season is completely and utterly outrageous.

There are 74 games before the playoffs. Call me crazy for not jumping ship on a top 5 coach/team on November 13th.

To quote Charles Barkley- sometimes winning is losing. We have not played well since the Miami game. I don't consider blowing out the Wolves a major accomplishment. I saw these losses coming. The poll question did not ask should SVG be fired, but which would happen first. I don't believe Carter is tradeable at this point. Teams have figured out now to beat the Magic, and a new system of play is needed. If these losses continue, SVG must likely will be fired. I am not going to comment on if he should be fired or not.

Personally, I think that college night vs the Raptors is cursed. Two seasons ago, I attended college night against (who else) the Raptors. The game was shockingly close throughout, Toronto built a 13 point lead late, and we clawed back to tie the game. During the final seconds Bosh hit a dagger 20 footer and we ultimately missed the three that could have tied the game.

Today, same script, same team, same result, except we couldn't even attempt the game-tying three. Ugh.

Curse.

Too bad it wasn't college night, but you're still cute. :svgsad: