Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Latest on Chris Paul & Hornets (Ben Golliver, CBS Sports)

If Nash came here, he would be a mercenary. You come here for two years (or less) and try and win us a championship. After those two, wth are we going to do?

Jameer is gone, and that leaves us with a) Go hard on a free agent PG...a starting caliber PG, and we would probably have to dish out the vault, b) Draft an NBA-ready PG and develop him FAST, c) trade, or d) re-sign Nash if he's willing at the age of 38. We'd be in a situation where we are vulnerable and forced to make a drastic change. I say no for Nash.

• Upvote 2

I guess we can only wish Nash comes for a snickers and a bag of doritos like Pau Gasol's trade to LA.

Nash probably could be acquired for Jameer + flotsam and a pick if Phoenix is going nowhere by January. They'll just have a firesale and start the Goran Dragic future.

Nash probably could be acquired for Jameer + flotsam and a pick if Phoenix is going nowhere by January. They'll just have a firesale and start the Goran Dragic future.

If Phoenix is having a firesale why would they want Nelson to back up Dragic?

He wouldn't back up Dragic, he'd start at the 2 after Jason Richardson goes to Minnesota. :tongue:

That would be great for my NBA 2k11 Rookie to post up Phoenix until the end of the century... hehehe

If they have a firesale I wouldn't want to give Jameer up.