Sign in to follow this  
OrlandoNKentucky

Brandon Bass

When you are a title contender like us, you really don't need draft picks.

Short term, sure, but if you plan on remaining a contender for more than a minute, you need to think long term also. Remember, the Clee-taurus was a rookie when he was contributing to this team, Anderson was a sophmore.

When you are a title contender like us, you really don't need draft picks. Our roster has so many talented veterans that any rookie would find it incredibly hard to get on the floor. If Bass is moved, it's as a piece to complete a bigger deal likely involving VC as well.

I will have to disagree with you on that one...unless you like to run teams like the Cleveland Cavaliers did w/Lebron. IF they had held onto their 1st rounders they would have had a better core 5+ years into their 'title contention'. Boston is another example where they certainly lucked out with Rondo, but otherwise have had very little value in the draft-and thats going to hurt them for a while...especially since few teams are going to be willing to give away stars a second time through.

If you want to look at teams that had longevity in the 'title contention' conversation, look at the San Antonio Spurs. They were able to maintain a solid core by continually getting good value draft picks and developing them. And when one got too good not to play(despite not having room for them on the floor) they flip them to another team in need for another first round pick. This is what the magic are doing, this is why they have Gortat, Bass, and to a much lesser extent Fran(but that was the plan for him no doubt).

Long story short, unless you are only a short term thinker(which you appear to be), it is good business to compile good draft picks.

Short term, sure, but if you plan on remaining a contender for more than a minute, you need to think long term also. Remember, the Clee-taurus was a rookie when he was contributing to this team, Anderson was a sophmore.

If we can keep Dwight here, it won't be that hard to have good role players because we'll be an attractive FA destination for MLE players.

I'm not saying ignore the draft, but trading away Bass isn't worth a first rounder unless it looks like a lottery pick. But a lottery team won't trade their first round pick for Brandon Bass. I'd rather hang on to him than give him away for the 20th pick or whatever.

Oct. 18

Brandon Bass continued to make a statement in the preseason on Monday, scoring 17 points on 7-of-14 shooting with eight rebounds, although he failed to record a steal, block, or assist. The Magic would be wise to trade him as they are reportedly willing to, because he doesn't fit in the Magic's scheme and Stan Van Gundy doesn't trust him on defense. Keep an eye on him because a trade to say, Indiana, could boost his value real quick, but in Orlando he may not crack the rotation.

Oct. 17

Amidst a strong preseason, the popular speculation in Orlando is that the team is willing to trade Brandon Bass if presented with the right deal.

The likeliest suitor appears to be the Pacers, who could use the help at power forward. However, they are only offering Dahntay Jones or Solomon Jones in return, neither of which is motivating the Orlando higher-ups to move Bass. Bass is part of a cluttered frontcourt reserve unit, and a change of scenery to basically anywhere would raise his fantasy stock.

Source: RotoWorld

• Upvote 2

Who in the world would want to trade anyone on this roster with the way they're playing right now?? Maybe at the deadline, but for now, let this thing ride.

Sorry, I know that's not good for the sake of message board speculation, but c'mon. If it ain't broke, don't touch a thing!

When you are a title contender like us, you really don't need draft picks. Our roster has so many talented veterans that any rookie would find it incredibly hard to get on the floor. If Bass is moved, it's as a piece to complete a bigger deal likely involving VC as well.

Sorry but thats a load... I like Bass but if he doesn't fit in to the way magic play 4-1 then trading him for a 1st rounder could be the way to go.. it cuts salary and adds youth which could become very important with the likes of Lewis and Carter aging... I am pretty sure most teams want 1st round picks... look at what portland are asking for, for a 1st rounder... and they are farely deep with argueable similar aged players to the magic.

I like the person who spoke of Spurs.. perfect example. Its not all about now, its about the future too!

Sorry but thats a load... I like Bass but if he doesn't fit in to the way magic play 4-1 then trading him for a 1st rounder could be the way to go.. it cuts salary and adds youth which could become very important with the likes of Lewis and Carter aging... I am pretty sure most teams want 1st round picks... look at what portland are asking for, for a 1st rounder... and they are farely deep with argueable similar aged players to the magic.

I like the person who spoke of Spurs.. perfect example. Its not all about now, its about the future too!

What about the Lakers? They haven't really done much in the draft recently, and they are the two time defending champs. We don't need two late first round picks, we can still add someone for potential youth depth with our own pick. I'd rather hang on to Bass then just give him away for a draft pick at the moment. He has more value as proven depth to a championship run at the moment, plus he's an attractive throw in piece in a potentially bigger trade down the line.

Who in the world uses blocks, steals, and assists as a way to measure the effectiveness of a undersized power forward in a system? Was that guy on crack?