Sign in to follow this  
Optimist Prime

Bill Simmons Rant

I saw the article earlier and stopped as soon as I saw he listed Boston as the #1 must see team for this season.

It is for him because he's a Boston fan. The entire list is his opinions. I read because of the commentary he adds to every team.

I can't believe I hold a college degree and years of meaningful experience in my field yet still have been only able to find a job that pays minimum wage, while this D-BAG is getting paid to take a crap on paper, smear it around, and send it to ESPN.

I can't believe I hold a college degree and years of meaningful experience in my field yet still have been only able to find a job that pays minimum wage, while this D-BAG is getting paid to take a crap on paper, smear it around, and send it to ESPN.

to be fair he hates Vince Carter for the same reasons everyone hates Vince Carter. Some of you need to back up off the "ESPN hates us" chip on our shoulders. Not everyone with a voice needs to blow sunshine up the magic's ***. What has Dwight, Vince, Shard, Jameer, etc done to deserve any love outside the state of Florida?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It is for him because he's a Boston fan. The entire list is his opinions. I read because of the commentary he adds to every team.

I understand that. But even as a Magic fan, if you asked me to put a list like that together I likely wouldn't add the Magic as the #1 team to watch anyways. I usually try to write unbiased, but it's obvious that Miami is the team to watch anyways. Love or hate them, they are going to be the storyline all year long. I can hardly wait.... :svgsad:

I understand that. But even as a Magic fan, if you asked me to put a list like that together I likely wouldn't add the Magic as the #1 team to watch anyways. I usually try to write unbiased, but it's obvious that Miami is the team to watch anyways. Love or hate them, they are going to be the storyline all year long. I can hardly wait.... :svgsad:

"Usually we e-mail each other "Games That I Want To See" and "Games That I Know I Can't Go To" lists. That got me thinking … what if you ranked every team from No. 1 to No. 30 simply by the question, "How much do I want to see that team in person this season?"

He blatantly says these are the teams HE wants to see this season. come on...

I used to like Bill Simmons before, and i still dig the way he writes, but...

He makes the worst predictions in journalism history. Funny how he still thinks he should be paid attention to.

And he believes he could make a good GM....

I don't know. I want to see them in person and find out. And also, it's our last chance to boo Vince Carter before he joins Allen Iverson in Turkey next season.

BushandRyanatfirstIwaslike.jpg

• Upvote 1