Sign in to follow this  
~O~

Dwight Getting More Attention?

I've been to NBA.com over the past couple of months and have seen less promotions and ads with Lebron and more with Dwight. In fact, I can't remember the last time I didn't see Dwights face on NBA.com. Maybe it was two or so months ago. Is this the NBA trying to endorse the rivalry down south or is it that they don't want any attention on the trio at the bottom of I95?

• Upvote 1

Could be either. Could also be the huge hit LeBron's "taking his talent to South Beach" took on his likability.

Dwight and LeBron are both very talented, young players, but LeBron's a whiny primadonna while Dwight's fun and loyal.

Now I just hope that attention means we actually get some calls going our way.

• Upvote 1

I think it has to do with likability. No one likes Lebron anymore, so they are going to go with Dwight, arguably the most likable guy in the NBA. What product wants to be endorsed by Public Enemy Number One?

^ sad but true....

....soon the money is gonna start rolling in from everyone of their games being sold out and you know every casual nba fan of the frontrunner variety will start proclaiming them the greatest team ever - I give it until the day after the all star game when you'll see farm boys from Boise to sorority girls from LaJolla all donning Heat attire...its gonna be ugly

Might have something to do with Dwight being adidas boy and adidas are NBA jerseys and apparel suppliers. But there might also be some truth in LeBron losing popularity and Dwight being the nice guy who almost everyone likes.

LeBron isn't likable, really. He comes off as a me-first, self-centered arrogant d-bag. When you talk about yourself in third person, not once or twice, you are weird.

I think it has to do with likability. No one likes Lebron anymore, so they are going to go with Dwight, arguably the most likable guy in the NBA. What product wants to be endorsed by Public Enemy Number One?

I don't think he is one of the most likeable. People on general NBA boards seem to hate him lol

I don't think he is one of the most likeable. People on general NBA boards seem to hate him lol

Because their center usually sucks. They want Dwight on their team :creaturedance:

I have people that have generally no reason to hate Dwight Howard. They always give me the same answer. "Theres something about him". I don't see what Dwight does to gain all this hatred. I tell them all the same thing: "Hate on someone that actually is reasonable to hate..like Lebron."

I have people that have generally no reason to hate Dwight Howard. They always give me the same answer. "Theres something about him". I don't see what Dwight does to gain all this hatred. I tell them all the same thing: "Hate on someone that actually is reasonable to hate..like Lebron."

A lot of them say that they think he:

-Tries too hard to be funny

-acts like he is a hardcore Christian even though he's not (because obviously everyone follows Dwight around and knows how he is all the time)

-is faking being nice and does it for the press

-is a dirty player (I mean, he took out Big Baby "on purpose", what an elbow throwing douche)

Basically, a lot of BS reasons. For example, have you guys seen that NBACardDotNet guy on Youtube? He absolutely HATES Dwight. I've seen him on forums too, and he bashes Dwight whenever his name comes up.

Tim Tebow syndrome. Success coupled with exposure breeds hatred (except when he's on your team).

Tim Tebow syndrome. Success coupled with exposure breeds hatred (except when he's on your team).

That's unfortunate. I actually like Tim Tebow, and I'm from FSU. I really want to not like him, but I just can't. Both Dwight and Tebow seem like pretty stand up guys who care about their communities, and yet, people hate both just because of media hype or the team they play for (and their impact on those teams).

Redick got he same treatment in college, but his was more understandable.