Sign in to follow this  
Cigam Odnalro

Confirmed: Magic sign Malik Allen Update Pg. 2

We're obviously getting Melo. I mean what else could this deal mean?!!?

I was thinking along the lines of aiding VC. Remember last year when we had Lawrence Frank come in and talk with VC? Well, Malik Allen played with VC so this is like taking that pep talk to a whole new level, this is like a full season pep talk...championship.

huh?...

Hollinger: A bit player in 49 games, Allen's already modest production fell to unacceptably low levels last season. Even with the Bucks' myriad injuries, he faded out of Milwaukee's rotation as the season went on, finishing with the third-worst PER among power forwards. Allen's primary skill is his midrange jump shot, and he did that well enough by making 42.0 percent of his long 2s. Unfortunately, he was terrible at everything else. Allen shot a pathetic 37.8 percent in the immediate basket area -- this is a 6-foot-10 power forward, mind you, not some 5-11 guard -- and had the third lowest free-throw rate at his position. That helped him finish with a dreadful 43.5 TS%, the second-worst among power forwards.

What makes Malik Allen that special for us to bring him in? Is there something I don't know about him...because from what I've seen, he doesn't provide much other than hard fouls and the occasional rebound. The contract is probably only for camp, but I think we should be focused on other talent. I'm sure there are players out there that could impact the team at a more effective rate than Allen. I guess we'll see.

You always need guys for training camp and practice which is what Allen will provide. Dwight and Rashard do not need to kill themselves so he is another "body" to scrimmage with guys like Bass, Gortat, and Anderson.

I'm sure his contract is non-guaranteed and he will NOT make the final roster. That is unless like others have pointed out he is the first domino in our inevitable trade of Carmelo. If we sign Gerry McNamara you know something is going down ASAP.

Maybe it is a set up for a trade but in my non professional option all he is, is our DJ Mbenga just a big body to get in there and take fouls, maybe rebound one or two and clap a alot.

lol, well this thread has come full circle. I guess it never hurts to have another big man on the bench.