Sign in to follow this  
ThisIsTheYear

SVG on the Heat

"If I look at what the Bulls did winning 72 games and I look at the Heat roster, I am going to tell you that the Heat roster is better than any roster that Michael Jordan played with with the Bulls. I don't think that people predicting them breaking the win total and being in the 70s and the whole thing, I don't think those are expectations that are out of line based on their roster ... Dwyane Wade(notes) is certainly, in my opinion anyway, as good as he was, is better than Scottie Pippen. Chris Bosh(notes) is better than Toni Kukoc. Mike Miller(notes) is every bit as good a shooter as (John) Paxson or (Steve) Kerr or anybody they put there. Plus, he's 6′8″. If you start going down the list, I don't think there is any question that the roster the Heat have is as talented a roster if not more so as any roster there has ever been in the NBA."

We need a white flag emoticon.

For more:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Stan-Van-Gundy-agrees-with-his-brother-loves-th;_ylt=AmoLjMBHXByTKr64DezbBwjYrYZ4?urn=nba-263604

That's right Stan, put all the media attention on the Heat. Put the heat on the Heat. I see what he did there B)

He didn't say anywhere that they were better than us. I think he's trying to gas them up so they can be cocky. Edit. Its either that or I'm in denial.

He didn't say anywhere that they were better than us. I think he's trying to gas them up so they can be cocky.

yup. set the expectations too high. Its a Super Van Gundy Bros plan. They play the magic and have nothing extra to motivate them.

• Upvote 1

OMFG! Somebody call the FBI right the F now, and tell the head coach for the Orlando Magic has been kidnapped and brainwashed. There is no way the Stan Van Jeremy we know and love could say something this positive about another team w/o a gun being held to his head.

OK, now that I've gotten that off my chest, this may be Stan's attempt at reverse psychology. He could be pumping them up so we can layeth the smacketh down on them later. Notice he didn't say they were better than the Magic, and he didn't mention that guy from Akron either. Miami's "Big Three" are going to be looking in their rear view mirrors, in their closets and under their beds if we meet them in the playoffs, since we've beaten them (or the teams they were on before) unmercifully in recent years.