Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

Ranking the shooting guards [Yahoo-BDL]

you have a right to your opinion. i would like to say, that overall, i dont think vince, had a bad year. he had some problems adjusting, and with injuries. He became the player that the magic, thought they were getting after jan. if you remember, back in jan. he was on the radio with stackhouse, and he told stack that his knees felt done. He didnt say that to the media, because that could be basketball suicide. after he started to heal[ shoulder, knee, and nagging ankles] he began to get back to form, and he looked like an allstar. during the playoffs, he looked uncomfortable at times, but during the charlotte series he hit big shots. with a scorer, they sometimes go through slumps, but they need to hit the shots that count. the end of the charlotte series, gave him a little fire. so in the next series he did his thing against atlanta. that carried over to game 1 of the boston series. game 2 he came to play too, but he didnt play as well as game 1. he drove but either got fouled or missed. game3 and 4 were bad. game 5 was ok game 6 he was balling. it was too bad that on the games where he was doing good, the rest of the team wasnt. and the games that he sucked, everybody else was balling. so we look forward to next year, but i dont think vince should put too much pressure on himself. he just needs to come out and play magic ball.

Well, i don't say that he was awful or something, He surely had some good games, but he is/was a better player than he has showed. And his main problem was that he was too streaky. Sometimes, he provided many good things offensively, but sometimes, he had that awful night, when he was providing more damage to us than good things.

All in all, next season, if we won't trade him and he plays full season for us, I don't ask him to be 30 PPG guy. All i want is at least 18-20 PPG, consistently, with a good shooting percentage and some clutch shots or made plays in close game situations. I want a player, which we can rely on and i hope, that next season he won't make us think: "How will VC plays today, good or bad".

Well, i don't say that he was awful or something, He surely had some good games, but he is/was a better player than he has showed. And his main problem was that he was too streaky. Sometimes, he provided many good things offensively, but sometimes, he had that awful night, when he was providing more damage to us than good things.

All in all, next season, if we won't trade him and he plays full season for us, I don't ask him to be 30 PPG guy. All i want is at least 18-20 PPG, consistently, with a good shooting percentage and some clutch shots or made plays in close game situations. I want a player, which we can rely on and i hope, that next season he won't make us think: "How will VC plays today, good or bad".

i feel you. i know he is not as dominant as he once was, but our team is surely better with him. and him not being as dominant has actually improved his game, in some ways. he is more of a threat now, because he can do more than score. he motivates, scores, dishes, handles the rock. i really believe the reason we lost to the celtics was more of a lack of focus, and off shooting, than them being better than us. if you think about the finals, had ray allen had a better series, they could have won, but i dont hear anybody crucifying him, like people do vince.

Vince expectations were over the ceiling. He failed but he did have a average veteran Wincent season.

Am I the only one who realizes that these rankings were based on how the writer felt the players would rank THIS season?

No

Am I the only one who realizes that these rankings were based on how the writer felt the players would rank THIS season?

I don't think I could project JJ to have a better season than OJ Mayo and Eric Gordon.