Sign in to follow this  
Jareth Cutestory

We will have Chris Paul and Carmelo Anthony by 2012

How could we have made that trade earlier in the summer? Most of those players played for the Warriors earlier in the summer.

i made it around the time the whole CP3 was peaking...the idea started from seeing what kind of package NY could offer for Paul vs ours. I don't remember who said it but it was because someone said that NY didn't have any expiring contracts so I researched and found that they had a lot of them just all small. And in doing that research, I read an article I believe it was NY Post that showed how NY had targeted numerous small expiring contracts so that they had the most flexibility.

you know what would be a great idea?

trading Vince for eddy curry and Azubuike. We would dominate.

You must admit...this is funny stuff huh?????laugh.gif

Seems to me that where Melo goes, CP3 will follow. Or at least that's how the media wants it to be perceived.

From what I've gathered his top picks would be NY or Orlando. So at least from his pov Melo can:

1. Go NY, play with Amare, pay heavy taxes, wait for CP3 to be a top contender

2. Go Orlando, play with Dwight, pay no taxes, join top contender and possibly win a ring before CP3 even comes

Oh, and add in the fact that he'd be part of what will be the most intense in-state rivalry in league history.

Of course I doubt it will ever really be his decision...

Whatever Otis does, I just hope he keeps Dwight happy. Before teams got "Lebron'd", they were getting "Shaq'd"

Us getting Melo and Paul would only be fair. We got Shaq'd AND T-MAC'd, as well as Grant Hill'd and a little bit of Duncan'd. Oh, and not to mention Fran'd.

wincentsad.png

• Upvote 5

Us getting Melo and Paul would only be fair. We got Shaq'd AND T-MAC'd, as well as Grant Hill'd and a little bit of Duncan'd. Oh, and not to mention Fran'd.

wincentsad.png

We also got Wince'd in the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

I'm just glad that star players are recognizing how scary good they could be teaming up with Dwight. Back when free agency began I was wondering why no star players expressed interest in playing here. I wish it would be our chance to start a dynasty with the best center in the world.

Yes, that is what I'm saying...particularly with Iguodala. He is overpaid and has hit the prime of his career. Young is a nice player, who has the potential to be a very nice roleplayer. If I was the Nuggets GM, I wouldn't consider either of those two guys attractive rebuilding blocks. Particularly since Young's rookie contract is nearly up.

Iggy turned 26 in January, and he's a point forward who has career averages of 16 PPG and 5 APG with a PER at or above 18 for the past 4 seasons and is always at the very top tier of pure point rating. His contract is $12.5M/$13.5M/$14.7M/$15.9-ETO = 4 yrs / $56M. Ending when he is 29 or 30yrs old.

Young is a Restricted Free Agent next summer.

Given NY's pieces and cap situation, I think the likelihood of Tony Parker and Melo in NY is far greater than the likelihood of Paul and Melo in NY. Hopefully, we lead the Paul sweepstakes if he's ever traded.

If Melo and CP3 would somehow magically end up here, the NBA would just fold and be a state rivalry between the Florida teams. FBA. Florida Basketball Association.

Two very, very good, maybe even historically good teams in the same division. Same state.