Sign in to follow this  
howard is a beast

What Vince Carter Can Do

Everyone forgets how well VC was playing the entire regular season (except January obviously), especially after the all-star break.

He averaged 16.8/3.1/3.7 after the all star break. That's up from 16.5/4.4/2.8 before the all star break.

He shot better percentages, but the idea that he made some huge strides statistically after the all-star break is a fallacy. And really, if you don't count the month of January, he wasn't THAT much more efficient after the AS break either.

for those who say he never plays big in the playoffs. Carter averaged 29.6 points, 7.0 rebounds and 5.3 assists in 11 playoff games.

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who said that? Just curious.

several people up here have said that.

No, what the said was that he never played big during this past year's playoffs.

Also, it's pretty ridiculous to use one year's playoff run, which was a clear anomaly in terms of efficiency from the rest of his career, to argue that people are incorrect in suggesting that Carter becomes an inefficient scorer in the playoffs.

Here are his FG%s for each playoff run: 30%(3 games), 43.6%(12 games), 36.5%(4 games), 46.3%(11 games), 39.6%(12 games), 40.2%(14 games). Now which of those numbers looks the most out of place? After all, Carter is still just a 41.5% playoff shooter.

And if we add in his 3pt% to those numbers, the discrepancy between his good year(and to an extent, his above mediocre 2nd playoff trip) and the rest of his playoff trips becomes even more pronounced.

It does not matter what Carter has done in the playoffs before it matters what he did this year and moving forward. My employer sure as heck does not care what I did 3 years ago. They care about what I am doing right now as they should.

It does not matter what Carter has done in the playoffs before it matters what he did this year and moving forward. My employer sure as heck does not care what I did 3 years ago. They care about what I am doing right now as they should.

so if vince would have shot 50 percent for the boston series we would have won? he shot 50 percent in game 1, what happened, i missed it? i will admit that my fav. player didnt play well against boston, but its just so funny how some guys, cant get over it. suppose my second fav. player d howard would have had a bad series, would anybody be calling for his head? let me guess, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo as they shouldnt. i only posted that about the playoffs because some have said that he always plays bad in the playoffs.

player d howard would have had a bad series, would anybody be calling for his head? let me guess, nooooooooooooooooooooooooo as they shouldnt.

I don't know how you could be this detached from reality.

Howard had what was, objectively, a GREAT series, and people in the national media STILL called him out for his offensive game afterwords. They were calling out his offensive game, some even saying that Kendrick Perkins and Sheed had "shut him down", in a series where he averaged almost 22ppg on almost 57% from the field.

This persecution complex that VC fans have REALLY needs to stop. At this point you're just saying stupid things for the hell of it, and it's completely ridiculous.

I don't know how you could be this detached from reality.

Howard had what was, objectively, a GREAT series, and people in the national media STILL called him out for his offensive game afterwords. They were calling out his offensive game, some even saying that Kendrick Perkins and Sheed had "shut him down", in a series where he averaged almost 22ppg on almost 57% from the field.

This persecution complex that VC fans have REALLY needs to stop. At this point you're just saying stupid things for the hell of it, and it's completely ridiculous.

are you sleep or blind. every topic on this message board has some type of vc bashing. this is the orlando site not another team, and vince plays for the magic. so why would i expect to see a little more positive post about a magic player? you said the media was calling out d howard, well the media is not up here. magic fans are up here. i love d howard, and im talking about up here. if he would have had a bad series, we wouldnt be calling for his head. rashard had a bad series, but you dont see me bashing him, nor hardly anyone else.

Ok fine. If I say that Vince's playoff run was horrid, will everyone get off my back? And anyone who watched the entire Magic season could see that Vince was more efficient, took over when neccesary, and flowed better with the team overall after the all-star break. It also coincided with Jameer's all-star playing level, so Vince's stats went down as a result.

Ok fine. If I say that Vince's playoff run was horrid, will everyone get off my back? And anyone who watched the entire Magic season could see that Vince was more efficient, took over when neccesary, and flowed better with the team overall after the all-star break. It also coincided with Jameer's all-star playing level, so Vince's stats went down as a result.

vince had a good year and so did the magic. he couldnt get it going vs boston. kobe couldnt either[ is kobe washed up] next year will be better

so a team dominating another team is bad.

Vince Should have put up way better numbers against a team that wasn't trying.

didnt vince shoot above 50 percent in that series.

in the charlotte series didnt he hit some of the big shots.

Carter was more of a non factor in the Charlotte series then in Boston. Even with Dwight averaging 5.5 fouls that series, that was a walk through series.

that help close them out. You really think they would comeback down 3-0 against us?

i dont understand your logic. there were times in the Atlanta series where, Vince took over. Vince needed to take over blowouts?

he did what he was supposed to do. i will give you the point that in the boston series he didnt always do what he was supposed to do. even if you are not getting the calls you should still continue to drive. He allowed the non calls to affect him, plus his jumper was off. boston also did a good job of shutting down the paint. i think that doc rivers had his team prepared. they knew what vince would do, after game 1, so they were ready 4 it. they adjusted, we didnt. series over. on to the next one.

~Agreed Somwhat~ They didn't look good shutting down anything. The Magic just looked predictable out there. Everyone was driving into the paint with the intention of dishing out but not to score. I remember being pissed off at off these types of plays. Vince could overcome these things but he doesn't have the right mindset as a player that JJ Redick has against Boston. (Take what the defense gives you) The Hawks weren't even playing defense compared to the Boston Celtics.