Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

how good is the SEC though this year? There isn't the depth of teams that the conference has had in years past. There really isn't that second "scary good" team. There are several ranked teams right now but that can be explained by the early season schedule and college football having a down year all around. Lets just consider UF the second best team in the conference. UF has a decent first year starting QB (right now. he has the potential to be great down the road but right now he's decent), RB's who aren't built to run inside, Good but raw WR's (nobody who's distinguished themselves as a "go to player"), an o-line that's having problems with protection/snapping the ball, and an extremely talented but young defense who capitalizes on opponents mistakes.

Alabama has an elite, championship caliber QB, three legitimate early round NFL caliber RBs, an elite "go to" WR coupled with a few WR's who are dependable and can stretch the field, pretty good o-line, and an elite defense who's given up somewhere around 4 yards per play on the season and only 1 touchdown.

Not to mention they breezed through the conference last year (which was better last year) and might be more talented this year.

I would say that Arkansas, Auburn, and South Carolina have all made good improvements this year, and I would count LSU and UK in there when I see them play some stronger games. I woudln't say the SEC was better last year then this year, as it was almost a guaranteed lock that it was gonna be UF and UA in the SEC champ. As for this year, UA yes, UF maybe, but other teams have started out strong now.

Bama is certainly still the favorite, and I would want to see some major improvement out of the Gators to say they could take them down. But Bama certainly has much stiffer tests coming. They have to play every ranked SEC team and 3 of them over the next 3 weeks. They knock them all off, and I will be ready to hand the crystal ball to them.

Why I hate the AP poll

Jon Wilner San Jose Mercury News has James Madison at #18

Pete DiPrimio Ft. Wayne News-Sentinel has boise at #1

This guy has probably the poll i most agree with

Craig James ABC Week Team Rank

Alabama 1

Ohio St. 2

Nebraska 3

TCU 4

Oregon 5

Oklahoma 6

Boise St. 7

Texas 8

Florida 9

Arkansas 10

Wisconsin 11

South Carolina 12

Stanford 13

Michigan 14

Oregon St. 15

Utah 16

Penn St. 17

Auburn 18

Arizona 19

Iowa 20

Miami 21

West Virginia 22

Florida St. 23

Southern Cal 24

Texas A&M 25

Alabama is in a class by themselves this season. They should walk right through their schedule into a national championship. I think this is a transition year for college football as most of the "power programs" are rebuilding. Bama is the only program at the top of their game.

yeah

Talk about a WTF moment in Baton Rouge today. Les Miles is on the hottest seat in the SEC after today.

Mark Richt would have to disagree

yeah

This is why, as much respect as programs like Utah, Boise, Fresno State, BYU, & TCU deserve, they don't deserve to be put in the same category as BCS conference schools. Every single road game in BCS conferences is a potential upset.

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnd down goes Alabama! Man South Carolina looked good.

Up yours, Saban,

• Upvote 1