Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Official NCAA Football 2010 Season Thread

College football time again boys, time for us all to buckle down and once again argue like irrational morons and talk about how Urban Meyer is the devil incarnate (if your trey or Lewis4tw), how Fisher is in way over is head (if your me or *sigh* vabeach....), or how long will George O'Leary last this year? (if your anyone who watches college football in the central florida area). As a Gators fan since a baby and a newly minted Knights Alumnus, I am hyped up for this season. The Gators have reloaded and still look to be the team to beat in the SEC East, and the Knights are for once actually really looking good with a mix of young talent and established juniors and seniors. I look forward to the renewing of some rivalries and hope that they heat back up again (FSU), and the beginning of some new ones (USF). How about you guys?

Florida+International+v+Florida+lZTitvob1isl.jpg2009112100001407.jpg

(Yeah I'm going thread crazy but I figure we need em eventually)

with a whole new coaching staff (pretty much) the Noles should be a whole lot better on defense especially with phenom Greg Reid at corner/top punt returner in the nation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVH1ebvRgEk

And the offense should continue to be dominant under Heisman hopeful Christian Ponder

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DDvA4h9FNlQ

(highlight of comeback performance against the top defense in the nation)

I'm extremely excited to see how all the storylines are going to play out this season. As a Gator (you've got a little more help, Ryan) I'm pumped to see how JB handles the offense, if Debose can make a seemless comeback, and how this year's recruits perform. Won my season tickets and I'm ready to go.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how FSU performs under Jimbo and if Ponder can take them to the next level. They have the potential to be very good this year with strong units on both sides of the ball.

• Upvote 1

I'm extremely excited to see how all the storylines are going to play out this season. As a Gator (you've got a little more help, Ryan) I'm pumped to see how JB handles the offense, if Debose can make a seemless comeback, and how this year's recruits perform. Won my season tickets and I'm ready to go.

I'm also looking forward to seeing how FSU performs under Jimbo and if Ponder can take them to the next level. They have the potential to be very good this year with strong units on both sides of the ball.

Good to hear. I always cringed when we talked football on here because then VaBeach came in and made the rest of us Gator fans sound like idiots.

I too actually am interested in seeing how the Seminoles come out this year. I can't believe it but I want them to do well. The lack of a rivalry between them and UF now is just sad when you compare it to the late 90's early 2000's. I want that rivalry to mean something again.

He's gonna have a hard run at heisman while he is in the same division as Alabama buddy. I'd say Ponder has a good chance if he can lead a resurgence at FSU. Hey Lewis4TW what does FSU's schedule look like this year?

He's gonna have a hard run at heisman while he is in the same division as Alabama buddy. I'd say Ponder has a good chance if he can lead a resurgence at FSU. Hey Lewis4TW what does FSU's schedule look like this year?

Oklahoma and Miami on the road. Clemson, BYU, Florida and North Carolina at home. Everything else SHOULD be an automatic win.

Oklahoma and Miami on the road. Clemson, BYU, Florida and North Carolina at home. Everything else SHOULD be an automatic win.

@ Oklahoma? Ouch. That is not gonna be fun.

Yeah Alabama won't be fun but the schedule is definitely favorable for Arkansas this year. The only tough games will be Alabama, Georgia, and LSU. Maybe Ole Miss, South Carolina, and Auburn. Not sure how good they've gotten.

09/04/10 vs. Samford Tallahassee, Fla. 12:00 p.m. ET

09/11/10 at Oklahoma Norman, OK 3:30 p.m. ET

09/18/10 vs. BYU Tallahassee, Fla. 3:30 p.m. ET

09/25/10 vs. Wake Forest Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

10/02/10 at Virginia Charlottesville, VA TBA

10/09/10 at Miami Miami, Fla. TBA

10/16/10 vs. Boston College Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

10/28/10 at North Carolina State Raleigh, NC 7:30 p.m. ET

11/06/10 vs. North Carolina Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

11/13/10 vs. Clemson Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

11/20/10 at Maryland College Park, MD TBA

11/27/10 vs. Florida Tallahassee, Fla. TBA

Our schedule will be, once again, one of the toughest (if not the toughest) in the nation. But I'm really looking forward to the @OU game, because that is a true measuring stick of what this team is and even where this program is headed. (although, I would like to have a decent game before that, like the BYU or Wake game. Going from Samford to OU seems kinda steep.)

But FSU should be good this year. And if we can go into Norman and top the Sooners, that could really give us some mojo heading into a brutal remaining schedule.

And yes, with the new staff, Ponder, and a great recruiting class, things certainly seem heading in the right direction.

And hopefully 11/27 can be a little more eventful than the more recent FSU-UF games, for both schools' sake. :D

Yeah our Athletic Director was an idiot. Who schedules this many power house programs? If we go undefeated with UF and two or three ranked conference opponents on schedule nobody is going to keep us out of a national championship. Why schedule BYU? OK? USF?