Sign in to follow this  
iTs JUST zo

How much worse is Nelson than CP3?

We also have to consider how Dwight would like the move. Sure Dwight would love to have CP3, but arent' him and Jameer pretty close? I'd hate for Dwight to resent the Magic for shipping off Nelson and leaving when his contract is up. I don't know, maybe having Paul would outweigh losing Nelson to him, but who knows? It could piss him off.

Jameer Nelson, at his best, is a top 10 NBA PG.

Chris Paul is #1 and undisputed in my mind when he's healthy (Screw all the people with short memories that are now saying Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA, and that's not even true when Steve Nash > Deron Williams anyway! When Deron outplays CP3 *while* CP3 is healthy, then talk to me).

I think Jameer is good enough to where, the only other two PGs I would trade him away for are Chris Paul & Deron Williams (Rondo can't shoot and wouldn't fit with the Magic, while guys like Nash and Billups are better, but are too old at this point).

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

Jameer Nelson, at his best, is a top 10 NBA PG.

Chris Paul is #1 and undisputed in my mind when he's healthy (Screw all the people with short memories that are now saying Deron Williams is the best PG in the NBA, and that's not even true when Steve Nash > Deron Williams anyway! When Deron outplays CP3 *while* CP3 is healthy, then talk to me).

I think Jameer is good enough to where, the only other two PGs I would trade him away for are Chris Paul & Deron Williams (Rondo can't shoot and wouldn't fit with the Magic, while guys like Nash and Billups are better, but are too old at this point).

I could also think about trading Jameer for Westbrook, Rose or Jennings. Age factor on their side, very young talents already amazing and still learing, improving when Nelson maybe already reached his peak.

Too bad Kidd or Nash aren't 5 years younger Wink

Meer would be lucky to be in NBA top 10 point guards.

LOL at one person that voted "They are about the same", supirze at 11 who voted CP3 is slightly better.

Healthy Paul should be better form Deron in general but in direct showdown between the two not so clear, Williams have a lot strenght and size advantage.

the issue is not who is better, the issue is who is a better fit for our team, Nelson is a great player, however we need a playmaker, someone to make things happen, last year Nelson had 5.4 APG vs Chris Paul 10.7.

I actually like and prefer Nelson as a solo unit.

It's what Chris Paul will bring out of Dwight which makes me want him in a Magic jersey so bad.

Paul would create with the ball so many lobs for D12 and even more 3's for the rest of the crew. We would have someone that could even create so well Vince could actually improve his numbers (like when he had JKidd) Just my 2 cents

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

Watching Paul run the pick & roll is like listening to the Beatles for the first time.

Massively underwhelming based on years worth of previous experience of being told it will blow your mind, only to listen to "I wanna hold your hand" and recognize cheesy pop for what it is?

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Watching Paul run the pick & roll is like listening to the Beatles for the first time.

Massively underwhelming based on years worth of previous experience of being told it will blow your mind, only to listen to "I wanna hold your hand" and recognize cheesy pop for what it is?

You just told a hipster The Beatles weren't very good. Prepare to get killed... or at least scowled at.

The Beatles made some incredible music. I could listen to Hey, Jude or Eleanor Rigby anytime.

I was more mocking the fact that Cutestory was making listening to the Beatles for the first time out to be this incredible, mind-blowing experience. It isn't.

They're a band. They made music. -end-

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

You just told a hipster The Beatles weren't very good. Prepare to get killed... or at least scowled at.

The allure of the Beatles is not so much the technical prowess of their music as it is the period with which they created this 'pop' music. They were probably the first pop musicians ever. The same can be said for other bands/musicians like Led Zepplin, Johnny Cash, The Rolling Stones, or Black Sabbath. None would be considered by youngsters to be ground breaking by today's standards, its more about the barriers they broke in their era. That being said I enjoy all of those bands thoroughly, with the Beatles being last of five listed by a long shot.

Music was help up on a higher pedestle when those artists were in their prime compared to nowadays. Its all elevator music now.