Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

Once again, remember the "list" Dwight gave Otis? It was Boozer, Bosh, and Paul, and he told Otis he could/should move anyone on the roster to get one of those guys.

Dwight is one pushing hardest for this to happen.

If we get Chris Paul then Lewis and Howard instantly will be better scorers. Paul will get them good shots and with Carter and Nelson gone all 3(Paul,Howard,Lewis) will be able to get enough shots in. Lewis would be still averaging 18ppg if Carter wasn't here. Same with Howard should've been in the 20ppg range but both players took less shot attempts this season. We tried the Vince Carter experiment and it didn't work. Let's move on.

a comparison of assets between the other 2 teams that Paul wants to be traded to:

Lakers:

PG: Blake/Fisher

G: Kobe/Vujacic

SF: Artest/Walton

PF: Gasol/Odom

C: Bynum/Mbenga

*not tradeable:

Kobe/Gasol - franchise core

Blake - can't be trade because MLE signing

[x] I think it is doubtful LA rips apart a championship team. If NO wants to get rid of bad contracts it would mean a trade w/LA would have to involve multiple players. I just can't see LA doing that after they just won a trophy and are still positioned to win more. Plus NO probably wants Paul out of their conference.

LA has quality players to give them and can give them $6M (Vujochic) expiring. But the assets they could give I can't really see NO wanting; like Artest (crazy issues) or Bynum (injuries w/high $). They already have West at PF so Odom is doubtful but perhaps they would want him as a 6th man and maybe play some SF.

It just doesn't look that great for either team

Knicks:

PG: Felton/Douglas

G: Chandler

SF: Azubuike/Galinari

PF: Stoudemire/Randolph

C: Turiaf/Mozgof/Curry

*not tradeable:

Stoudemire - franchise core

[X] Knicks can give NOLA multiple expiring contracts including Curry's ($11M) - totaling about $26M in expiring contracts to trade. So they have multiple assets that NOLA would want from a game point of view that would also absorb Okafor's contract.

for example:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2cg3p7h

That kind of trade would give Paul/NY solid players but w/alot of holes to fill and 3 huge cotracts:

Paul/Felton

____/_____

____/_____

Stoudamire/Randolph

Okafor/_____

NOLA would get alot of pretty good players with short or expiring contracts that they can play for a year and have options to keep. With the expiring contracts from NY and their own after next season they would have like S35M in expiring contracts to rebuild. Plus they would shed $27M from Paul/Okafor contracts.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Once again, remember the "list" Dwight gave Otis? It was Boozer, Bosh, and Paul, and he told Otis he could/should move anyone on the roster to get one of those guys.

I believed you all along bud.

If you hear anything don't hesitate to relay that to us my friend.

Party in the new CP3 thread!

But I can't see Otis trading Meer either but it's not like Dwight isn't:

1. friends with anyone else on the team

or

2. friends with friends with Chris Paul.

They were on team USA there so there's a friendship and desire to win there. It won't be the end of the world for Dwight if Meer leaves.

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

If we get Chris Paul then Lewis and Howard instantly will be better scorers. Paul will get them good shots and with Carter and Nelson gone all 3(Paul,Howard,Lewis) will be able to get enough shots in. Lewis would be still averaging 18ppg if Carter wasn't here. Same with Howard should've been in the 20ppg range but both players took less shot attempts this season. We tried the Vince Carter experiment and it didn't work. Let's move on.

Completely agree

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:
Originally posted by Magic Fan 4 Life:

I'm with Jareth, I don't see Otis trading Jameer.

Jameer will move to the 2, he'll be a shoot first shooting guard.

And people would still start threads talking about how we needed to trade Jameer for a pass first shooting guard hihif.gif

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Join the wagon I'm in. It involves us getting Paul, getting rid of Wincent and Gortat, and keeping Meer. Have Paul play 30 mpg and Meer play 18mpg, and both could just go balls out. Have Chris Paul during crunch time for obvious reasons.

If they'd take Vince and Gortat, I'm sure that they'd take Meer instead of Vince unless they really want his expiring. We have a great backup PG as it is and if Vince stays it's that much better.

CP3 can take the game over late and handle the ball and Vince really doesn't have pressure or need to be the closer. Vince isn't our number 2 guy or that guy that has to put us over the top anymore, and I think that's great for us and for him. Vince would be an amazing role player and third option to CP3 and Dwight.

Basically, if you're bringing in CP3, get rid of Jameer. Plus, Jameer doesn't have a good history of having to fight for the number 1 spot. Seems to bring out the worst in him.

If this ends up happening (which it won't), the lineup of Paul, Redick, Richardson, Lewis and Howard would be the greatest lineup of complementary pieces I've ever seen. Paul and Howard is enough by itself... 3 great shooters, including a stretch 4... that's just scary.

quote:
Originally posted by TheRevTy:

Once again Magical full of crap