Sign in to follow this  
dirt7728

Paul wants out (with link)

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I still for the life of me can't see Otis trading Jameer.

Team captain. Been with the team as long as Dwight. Best pals with Dwight. All-Star caliber PG when he's healthy and on. Reasonable contract.

I mean I know. Paul >>>> Nelson in terms of talent. But this would be a HUUUUUUUUGE move for SOOOOOO many different reasons.

Maybe for the same reason he traded Courtney? Yeah, Lee didn't have the history and all that, but in hindsight, he would have been the better asset to have this last year. IMO.

Redick backing up CLee, with Paul running point would be EPIC.

In order to get Paul it's going to take giving up Nelson. You can't have both of them on the same team.

In all honesty, IF the Magic were actually going to trade for Paul, I don't think Meer would be a deal breaker. ****, instead of Nelson, we should offer the rights to Fran Rashard Happy

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

I still for the life of me can't see Otis trading Jameer.

Team captain. Been with the team as long as Dwight. Best pals with Dwight. All-Star caliber PG when he's healthy and on. Reasonable contract.

I mean I know. Paul >>>> Nelson in terms of talent. But this would be a HUUUUUUUUGE move for SOOOOOO many different reasons.

I don't know about the BEST PALS part if the story is true about Dwight giving Otis a list with Players he wants here with Chris Paul at the top...Last time i checked he played Point Guard and Meer is certainly not a Shooting Guard....I think Dwight wouldn't be mad if CP3 ended up here

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:
Originally posted by the notorious S.A.C.:

OK if I were Chris Paul if the money were equal in my contract...

1.) Knicks have no history of recent success of any kind. Have no team chemistry. May take 3-5 years to get championship caliber. Have state inc tax.

2.) Lakers- Kobe will be falling off soon he has alot of miles. Odom is aging. Bynum will need to go to complete trade. So Gasol is only legit player to continue building club. Team will lose Phil Jackson after the year and be unstable particularly if Kobe isnt happy with the new coach. Quite frankly, the team is very unstable after this year. State tax also.

3.) Orlando- Best young player outside Lebron in the league locked up for several years. No state inc tax. Stable coaching. Stable core consisting of young talent. Geart complimentary players to Paul like JJ, Howard, Shard and even Anderson and Bass (assuming gortat, Jameer and Vince are traded). Great success in last 2 years. Great opportunity to develop the in state rivalry with the Heat. Best chance to win one now!

Quite frankly if his demand is truly to go to NY, Orl or LA it would be crazy for him to go anywhere but Orlando. If Otis ponys up and Paul says trade me it is nearly a given but have made more sense without letting our Turk tpe expire. It will be one heck of a fun team to watch with Paul. Keeping my fingers crossed!

NY could convince him that their next move would be to get 'Melo when he opts out into free agency. His representation could convince him of the same thing.

Orlando might be the smartest move (especially from our own perspective), but the lure of teaming up with Carmelo might do the trick.

And where do the knicks get capspace for Melo during what will be a lockout?

Howard, Paul, JJ, Bass, Anderson, Pietrus and Duhon, even potentially the spanish tamp-oon if he ever shows. Wow! What a nice young core of talent! These guys can have many productive years together. All you need is to add filler each year. Oh I forgot Orton...LOl.

Jameer is getting up there years wise. Paul is a 5 year younger player. Otis should have no reservations sending him packing. If dwight asked for it it is done! I think that is the overriding decision for Otis. Jameer will be on a rapid decline when his contract is due.

The fact that a source who is a friend of Paul's mentioned are team as one of 3 possible places he wants to go in a trade gives me hope and optimism. Its honestly the first time since Wade, his Lapdog, and Judas teamed up in Happy (G_y) Beach that I have felt this giddy. Smiler