Sign in to follow this  
paul.kennedy

magic proposes VC for gilbert trade. deal done by this week!?!?

Remember back when the internet was fun? Ahh...

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUFT35S7Jb4&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Even though I think Smack is being needlessly insulting, what with insinuating(or outright claiming, really) people that don't post on topic enough for his liking are mentally retarded, I totally see his point. Threads far too often seem to deviate into random, off topic and many times nonsensical discussion. A lot of the time, they are not even on the intellectual level of what could be called a "discussion".

This is a basketball forum, and as such should be predominately concerned with basketball. I'm well aware that I have been a big part of the off topic and apparently simple minded crowd, but really, I'm bored of it now. I actually get annoyed with seeing these stupid pictures of babies crying and people talking like they're on Twitter for 47 pages in a row. It's really gotten old, guys, at least for me.

I joined this board when I was 17 because I loved the Magic. I didn't come here to become this "epic troll" as internet speak would have it, that contributes almost nothing in terms of basketball discussion. I came here because I don't know that many Magic fans in my life that are quite as passionate as me, and this place is a sense of community as far as being a fan is concerned, as well as a place for when I have nobody to watch a game with, I can enjoy using the chatroom.

My tenure on this board ran parallel to a phase in my life where I spent any time I could being high or drunk or intoxicated in any fashion I could achieve an altered state of mind in. I didn't care what I put on this board. But this stuff is boring and old now. It's gotten ridiculous.

Of course, we can say it can be ignored, and basketball discussion still goes on plenty and is not actually hindered by all of this messing around, and that may be true, but that's not the point Smack is trying to make. We water down the board with crap, burying legitimate discussions, breeding a culture that almost discourages them.

OK, I just read some of Smack's newer posts. Really, man, baseless personal insults don't make you look so great. Don't profess to know someone based on their activities on an anonymous internet page.

But anyway, I tend to agree with you. I'm bored with it.

If I recall what you posted when I joined a year ago or so, that whole paragraph is really quite startling.

quote:
Originally posted by VCdaCarter:
quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:
quote:
Originally posted by SmackDaddy:
Wonder if the mods will spend the next 3 hours removing all off-topic remarks so that those of us that would like to talk basketball CAN FOR ONCE.

why is previous spam string hampering your ability to post basketball discussion?

I'm not a fan of us starting JJ next to another poor defender whether that's Jameer or Arenas.
You really are a poor choice for a mod. You know **** well most of the posts on these threads, especially the ones about Vince are negative and filled with hate. We can't have a civil conversation about the man without things getting ugly.

codebase="http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0"

height="385"

width="480"

>

value="transparent"

>

value="never"

>

name="movie"

/>

/>

/>

pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"

type="application/x-shockwave-flash"

allowScriptAccess="never"

height="385"

width="480"

src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0n2j47-xUA&hl=en_US&fs=1"

/>

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:

I might be the only one that actually like this trade. When Arenas is healthy he can be one of the best in the league. He's like a scoring PG in a shooting guard body. So he will definitely start at the 2 guard and help run the offense with Nelson. Now Arenas guarding other 2 guards might be a problem but he can't be any worse than Carter was. We finally will have a 2 guard that can take over games and create shots for others in Arenas.

You do realize that Arenas doesnt play the two guard, right?

Also, you are one of the people that said Redick is undersized for the two and yet Arenas and Redick are of more or less the same dimensions.

Finally, have you seen Arenas play lately? Has anyone? Or are you basing your opinion on '3 years ago arenas'?

-----

There is a lot of bickering going on nowadays, maybe we should start a Jareth thread and just keep it open for all the nonsense so others can enjoy the basketball forum again?

On a final note before I retire for the evening, I am trying to determine whats worse: A bad mod(Lewis4thewin), or a wannabe mod(emory)? Seriously, I like you enough emory but come on man...

quote:
Originally posted by Walddo:

If I recall what you posted when I joined a year ago or so, that whole paragraph is really quite startling.

I cannot begin to remember what you are referring to. What did I say?

quote:
Originally posted by murphy13:

quote:

I might be the only one that actually like this trade. When Arenas is healthy he can be one of the best in the league. He's like a scoring PG in a shooting guard body. So he will definitely start at the 2 guard and help run the offense with Nelson. Now Arenas guarding other 2 guards might be a problem but he can't be any worse than Carter was. We finally will have a 2 guard that can take over games and create shots for others in Arenas.

Also, you are one of the people that said Redick is undersized for the two and yet Arenas and Redick are of more or less the same dimensions.

Finally, have you seen Arenas play lately? Has anyone? Or are you basing your opinion on '3 years ago arenas'?

-----

There is a lot of bickering going on nowadays, maybe we should start a Jareth thread and just keep it open for all the nonsense so others can enjoy the basketball forum again?

On a final note before I retire for the evening, I am trying to determine whats worse: A bad mod(Lewis4thewin), or a wannabe mod(emory)? Seriously, I like you enough emory but come on man...

Arenas' has a 6'9 wingspan, Redick's wingspan is shorter than his actual height.

quote:

quote:

-----

how exactly am i a bad mod? I get pm's criticizing me when i lock threads that are duplicates and i get pm's/posts criticizing me when I dont lock/delete threads/posts.

people just like to complain.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:

quote:

-----

how exactly am i a bad mod? I get pm's criticizing me when i lock threads that are duplicates and i get pm's/posts criticizing me when I dont lock/delete threads/posts.

people just like to complain.

The fact that you haven't closed this thread yet, knowing that it's gotten way out of control...that's a pretty good sign, don't you think.

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Arenas' has a 6'9 wingspan, Redick's wingspan is shorter than his actual height.

True statement.

IMO Arenas plays more effectively at the 2 spot rather than at point. He is an impressive scorer and that is what we need in either the SG or SF position. If he were to play point, he is indeed a "shoot first" PG, and we all know what we think about them...

quote:

I'm not sure what I said that gave you this impression but I can assure you the last thing I want is to be a mod. It's a thankless job with no benefits. Furthermore, I actually like having the freedom to say what I want and I could never do that as a moderator. For this very reason...no matter what I could say, it would be criticized endlessly.