Progfrog

Movies

That really wasn't what I was talking about. I'm talking about movies that parody every somewhat famous piece of pop culture that occurs while the film is being made. Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz do crack the occasional joke about other movies in the horror film genre but they have their own individual plots and they follow them. They don't throw in a random Michael Jackson reference just because they think it will be funny. I haven't seen Walk Hard so I can't comment on it.

Right. I think the problem is that people have taken to using the word "spoof" only to describe those Movie Movies, where as a movie like Shaun of the Dead, which is clearly a spoof of zombie movie cliches(or Hot Fuzz is for buddy cop film cliches, or Walk Hard is for musician biopic cliches, etc etc etc) end up being described as something else.

I guess I'm just of the opinion that Airplane! isn't any less a spoof of disaster movies just because it had an actual plot.

The Expendables - 8/10

Lead actress was smoking, and Terry Cruz was awesome haha. Definitely should go see it if your in the mood for explosions and alot of ass kicking. Entertaining, and solid overall movie. Worth admission.

One of the things about Walk Hard that's inescapable is how much the scenes that don't work are made that much more glaring by the ones that work well. The drug scenes, the scene with the Beatles, the sink scene, and the first recording scene are all perfect, but a couple scenes later in the movie are just terrible.

All that said, I completely lost it the first time I saw that movie and heard "I'm cut in half real bad...."

Lewis4theWin...those are great, I don't know either.

Takers-7/10

I really had more hope that this movie would be great and possibly top 3 of the summer. The acting was good for the most part, T.I. played his role really well and Chris Brown did decent for once here. The annoying thing was the way it ended, kind of corny and the whole theater even laughed.

Just saw catfish today

If you're interested in seeing this movie because of the trailer I'll tell you that it's not what you think it is.

If you think it's a horror movie- it's not

If you think it's a thriller- it's not

This movie is 90 min of shaky hand held cams, sadness, and waste time

.5/10 you're better off searching for the spoilers

Social network on the other hand was good

8/10

Just saw catfish today

If you're interested in seeing this movie because of the trailer I'll tell you that it's not what you think it is.

If you think it's a horror movie- it's not

If you think it's a thriller- it's not

This movie is 90 min of shaky hand held cams, sadness, and waste time

.5/10 you're better off searching for the spoilers

Social network on the other hand was good

8/10

That is a huge disappointment. I saw the trailer and got hooked. Catfish seemed like a thriller/horror movie. Thanks for the heads up.

That is a huge disappointment. I saw the trailer and got hooked. Catfish seemed like a thriller/horror movie. Thanks for the heads up.

i know i thought the same thing but the trailer does its job if it sucks you in but it would be like if you went to a chinese place and it only had thai food on the menu

a few press people at the screening got up and left, they were the lucky ones

im glad i didnt pay but are you still gonna drop the dough or are you gonna spoiler?cause i can spoil it for you if you want