D12

jefferson to dallas? move it otis!

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

Great defense in Bass?

icon_confused.gif

I like Bass's D a lot. He hustles and blocks shots. His biggest problem is in his head..learning the plays and rotations.

He should probably learn some of those things if he even wants to be considered decent defensively.

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:

Great defense in Bass?

icon_confused.gif

I like Bass's D a lot. He hustles and blocks shots. His biggest problem is in his head..learning the plays and rotations.

He should probably learn some of those things if he even wants to be considered decent defensively.

He was more then decent against Boston. And I think he is learning those things. If you don't like Bass, that's fine, but I personally love what he brings off the bench.

It takes a while for players to get SVGs rotations. JJ barely played for years and now he is getting 7 mill a year from Chicago.

quote:
Originally posted by BRich:

I don't really think Jefferson puts us over the hump. Like Ramsde68, if you pay that kinda cash, go for a real difference maker.

$13mil is not THAT much cash in the NBA, and if we're shipping him for Vince we're actually saving money in the short term. This deal would allow us to save about $4mil this year and retain JJ abit more comfortably...

quote:
Originally posted by MouseNtheHouse:

quote:

I don't really think Jefferson puts us over the hump. Like Ramsde68, if you pay that kinda cash, go for a real difference maker.

$13mil is not THAT much cash in the NBA, and if we're shipping him for Vince we're actually saving money in the short term. This deal would allow us to save about $4mil this year and retain JJ abit more comfortably...

Agreed

What I don't understand is why Dallas would bring in Jefferson to play C, when he is clearly a PF and struggles with big minutes at the 5 spot.

quote:

quote:

and ads $14M next year and $15M the year after...and awesome we now have 4 power forwards ok 3 if you move Rashard to SF and cross your fingers having 2 bigs that play in the same spots luckily works out...

quote:

13 million is that much anywhere. Especially when the recipient is injury prone and due increases for the next 2 years after. I don't hate Al - but I wouldn't use our biggest tradeable asset to bring in the guy. Reeks of just getting somebody to say you made a move.

Looks like the Cavs may get Jefferson with the TE from Lebron.

Smells like Hornets/HEAT when Jamal Mashburn and the Hornets beat Mournings HEAT after they traded half of their role players to the Hornets for Eddie Jones.

I want Jefferson so we can run a 3 man rotation at the 4 and 5 spot just like the Lakers do with Bynum Gasol and Odom. We would match up better with them.