quote:
Originally posted by nttnybuc:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Look at it this way, they drafted Turner, who is cheaper, has more upside, and plays the same position, while the team itself is not a contender. So if they can shed Iggy's long contract with Brand's, they're set for a successful rebuilding period.

Possibly, however I'm pretty sure they will try it out before doing it.

As far as this season goes: we match for JJ and don't make any other moves. We see how the team is going and how the "super team" is playing. If by the trade deadline Wince is still the same player and the 76ers find Iggy "expendable", it might actually happen.

Although I do think if we were to offer Wince for Iggy NOW, it could happen, obviously meaning we'd have to take Brand. Money-wise... well, it's not extremely wise, but if the DeVos doesn't care about spending money and the move (which should make us better) doesn't hinder the team financially too much, I don't see a reason to fret.

But, it's still just a personal preference and I got tired of people who honestly thought I was serious about Roy, so I decided to pick another favorite player who seemed a little more "likely"...

they're trying to dump brand so i think the only way we can get iggy is if we take him. The only way i think we would take on Brand's contract is if we get them to take vince gortat and bass. They might do that, but i dont think otis would.

That about sums it all up

yeah, its kinda a double edged sword there. We dont want to spend too much money on players we dont even want so we would have to dump some of our high, but movable contracts, to get the deal done.

However Vince, Bass, and Gortat is too valuable to only get Iggy and take on an aging Brand so while financially we make the trade, talent wise i dont think we can.

If Philly would throw in a first round pick I figure we would do that trade, but since trading Iggy and Brand would signal the rebuilding process I doubt Philly would agree to it as picks become more valuable.

quote:
Originally posted by ohiomagicfan:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

quote:

Look at it this way, they drafted Turner, who is cheaper, has more upside, and plays the same position, while the team itself is not a contender. So if they can shed Iggy's long contract with Brand's, they're set for a successful rebuilding period.

Possibly, however I'm pretty sure they will try it out before doing it.

As far as this season goes: we match for JJ and don't make any other moves. We see how the team is going and how the "super team" is playing. If by the trade deadline Wince is still the same player and the 76ers find Iggy "expendable", it might actually happen.

Although I do think if we were to offer Wince for Iggy NOW, it could happen, obviously meaning we'd have to take Brand. Money-wise... well, it's not extremely wise, but if the DeVos doesn't care about spending money and the move (which should make us better) doesn't hinder the team financially too much, I don't see a reason to fret.

But, it's still just a personal preference and I got tired of people who honestly thought I was serious about Roy, so I decided to pick another favorite player who seemed a little more "likely"...

they're trying to dump brand so i think the only way we can get iggy is if we take him. The only way i think we would take on Brand's contract is if we get them to take vince gortat and bass. They might do that, but i dont think otis would.

That about sums it all up

We wouldn't need to give them Bass, just Carter and Gortat work salary wise for Brand and Igoudala. If they want Bass then I'd ask for Speights in return at least.

I know it would work salary wise, I'm saying we'd need to shed salary as resigning JJ, our draft picks, and only trading gortat and carter would put us at 93 million salary with a few holes left to fill.

Devos is allowing us to spend, but not around 96 million.

the highest salary team in 09-10 was the lakers at 91 million

08-09 the knicks were at 96

we cant go that high

Another possibility (outside of Iggy):

Gortat $7M + Bass $4M (or Pietrus 5.3M) for Tayshawn Prince $11M.

Detroit is in need of a center and back up PF or SF. Prince is 30yr and an $11M expiring contract. Great passer and long defender, solid rebounder, unselfish team mentality, decent 3pt shooter, battle tested clutch performer. This also gives us an option to have $25M in trade assets (inc. VC) at deadline.

Jameer/Duhon/_____

VC/Pietrus

Prince/______

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/_______

or

Jameer/Duhon/_____

VC/______

Prince/______

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Dwight/_______/Bass

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2dvlb7d

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=24nn2yb

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

Another possibility (outside of Iggy):

Gortat $7M + Bass $4M (or Pietrus 5.3M) for Tayshawn Prince $11M.

Detroit is in need of a center and back up PF or SF. Prince is 30yr and an $11M expiring contract. Great passer and long defender, solid rebounder, unselfish team mentality, decent 3pt shooter, battle tested clutch performer. This also gives us an option to have $25M in trade assets (inc. VC) at deadline.

Jameer/Duhon/_____

VC/Pietrus

Prince/______

Lewis/Anderson

Dwight/_______

or

Jameer/Duhon/_____

VC/______

Prince/______

Lewis/Bass/Anderson

Dwight/_______/Bass

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2dvlb7d

or

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=24nn2yb

I like Prince but I just don't trust VC here. It seems like he brings that karma with him that spells doom for an playoff team.

It cannot be overstated how awesome Sex Mutombo is. However, it is a severe distraction from bear training. It must be stopped. In our lifetime. Before people die.

Also, it is the most awesome thing ever.

Sex Mutumbo is pretty stinking awesome.

Also awesome is the fact that Gortat can now be used in the ESPN trade machine.

Let the shenanigans begin.

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Gortat will stay in Orlando:

Polish newspaper interview

Marcin Gortat, the only Polish basketball player in the league of the NBA, confirmed on Tuesday in Wroclaw, to remain in his current team Orlando Magic. "There is no way that I moved somewhere" - assured.

The bears are rejoicing today, my friends. Sex Mutombo for all.

quote:

Marcin Gortat, the only Polish basketball player in the league of the NBA, confirmed on Tuesday in Wroclaw, to remain in his current team Orlando Magic. "There is no way that I moved somewhere" - assured.

so VC is as good as gone!

avoid the RDV today people, we're going full scale red alert!

quote:
Originally posted by Drain-O:

Sex Mutumbo is pretty stinking awesome.

Also awesome is the fact that Gortat can now be used in the ESPN trade machine.

Let the shenanigans begin.

Screw Gortat!

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=2a9okdk

ZOMGBBQZOMBIE MAKE IT HAPPEN, OTIS!

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

does everyone need to strap in?

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by rtillaree:

quote:

does everyone need to strap in?

buddy, if you aren't already strapped in, I don't know what to tell you.