Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

We are now now really starting to feel Shard"s bad contract.

Some of you guys it seems are always looking for a fight. Whenever someone speaks the obvious you say we aren't true fans, sorry but that's BS. Get a grip and stop being a hater and let everyone have their point of view, half of you guys or girls on this board really BITE. I compliment the Magic and staff when they do well, but will voice my opinion when I don't agree, so get over yourselves, you're not that great with your insight.

quote:
Originally posted by MilitaryMagic:

This thread is dumb. Why? Where would we be without Rashard Lewis? What if we had signed VINCE CARTER that offseason instead?

I didn't have to read 70 posts to form my opinion.

You know MilitaryMagic....I preached this very same sermon yesterday...but today I think I will just pray for the lost and lonley individuals.

I pray that they will one day see the forest and the trees!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by Raven1:

Some of you guys it seems are always looking for a fight. Whenever someone speaks the obvious you say we aren't true fans, sorry but that's BS. Get a grip and stop being a hater and let everyone have their point of view, half of you guys or girls on this board really BITE. I compliment the Magic and staff when they do well, but will voice my opinion when I don't agree, so get over yourselves, you're not that great with your insight.

No one is looking for a fight here.

You're simply stating something as fact that is, on a factual level, incorrect. If you say that, in your opinion, the sky is pink, the fact that it's your opinion doesn't make it any less wrong.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

No one is looking for a fight here.

You're simply stating something as fact that is, on a factual level, incorrect. If you say that, in your opinion, the sky is pink, the fact that it's your opinion doesn't make it any less wrong.

Wait, are you telling me the sky isn't pink?

That's disheartening.

What about trying to trade Shard to the Knicks? According to the New York Post they are looking for an outside shooting big man and would offer Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry. This would give them that and their second max contract and we would get rid of his contract, lower our salary numbers and get an expiring contract along with a solid young SF prospect.

quote:
Originally posted by Never Satisfied:

What about trying to trade Shard to the Knicks? According to the New York Post they are looking for an outside shooting big man and would offer Wilson Chandler and Eddy Curry. This would give them that and their second max contract and we would get rid of his contract, lower our salary numbers and get an expiring contract along with a solid young SF prospect.

Why would we trade our second best player for a prospect and Eddy Curry?

1. From a Knicks standpoint, Chandler is virtually untouchable, especially after pretty much bombing in free agency.

2. Shard's contract will not be moved. End of story.

Since when did my opinion as stated become a fact that I stated incorrectly, hense the phrase "point of view" contends that one's point of view is not confirmed as fact as many people have points of view. You guys just like to hear yourself talk. JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER.

quote:

Since when did my opinion as stated become a fact that I stated incorrectly, hense the phrase "point of view" contends that one's point of view is not confirmed as fact as many people have points of view. You guys just like to hear yourself talk. JIBBER JABBER JIBBER JABBER.

You stated, or at least implied with all the subtlety of a drive-by, that Rashard's contract was a CAP anchor that was weighing down our ability to pursue free agents.

This is, on a completely factual level, incorrect. Cut Shard's contract in half, we're still paying the luxury tax. Cut Rashard's contract completely, we're still over the CAP.

Lets put a ban on shards contract threads, since ive joined this board i havent been one for posting alot, however i read these boards daily and the guys that have been on here for years have probably discussed this subject to the brink. It aint changing, its a heck of a contract but so what, whats done is done, move on.