Sign in to follow this  
Raven1

We are now now really starting to feel Shard"s bad contract.

As I watch the total domination of the Heat in the free market this year and the looming possibility that we won't be able to match the Bulls for Redick this year and even if we do these salaries are out of control and further handicaps us. It has become more apparent then ever the Shard's contract has handcuffed us more this year then ever. No one is talking of the Bulls, but they are quietly assembling a heck of a team. I'm starting to question Otis? We are not getting anything.It pains me to say this, but Riley is the man! I see us as the 3rd or 4th best team in the East.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven1:

As I watch the total domination of the Heat in the free market this year and the looming possibility that we won't be able to match the Bulls for Redick this year and even if we do these salaries are out of control and further handicaps us. It has become more apparent then ever the Shard's contract has handcuffed us more this year then ever. No one is talking of the Bulls, but they are quietly assembling a heck of a team. I'm starting to question Otis? We are not getting anything.It pains me to say this, but Riley is the man! I see us as the 3rd or 4th best team in the East.

Wah...Wah...Wah, since Otis has become the GM here, Pat Riley's team has won what??? The Lottery..yes, one playoff appearence, yes and......................We have owned the SED for the past few years, we were the EC Champs in 09 and went back to the ECF last season, all with the Lewis contract and Otis Smith in tow, were were the Heat??? I will tell you where they were....Like Cleveland, shaking in there Boots, worried that Wade was heading out! Step away from the window, and take your finger off the panic button...we are not done by a long shot!! "NEVER SURRENDER"!

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

Wah...Wah...Wah, since Otis has become the GM here, Pat Riley's team has won what??? The Lottery..yes, one playoff appearence, yes and......................We have owned the SED for the past few years, we were the EC Champs in 09 and went back to the ECF last season, all with the Lewis contract and Otis Smith in tow, were were the Heat??? I will tell you where they were....Like Cleveland, shaking in there Boots, worried that Wade was heading out! Step away from the window, and take your finger off the panic button...we are not done by a long shot!! "NEVER SURRENDER"!

+1

quote:

just like in pro sports or sales or even a CEO for a company, It's what have you done for me lately!

Fare enough, but in "building" you discard the dead weight and you add production! I want nothing more than for Otis to swing for the fences, but every team right now is in the shark mode and overpricing everyone and everything!

ur best and only real possibilities are in the S&T! I hope that if the Bulls want JJ bad enough that Otis can swing a deal for Deng! Just a thought.

By the way Raven...I feel your pain when it comes to Shards $$! I was not in favor of that much cheddar, but when he came on board, we were able to establish our identity! Now we will force feed it! Remember, a lot of times during the reg season, our guys appeared to be sleep walking, standing around and playing down to the competition? This is not the sign of a mature team! With this much focus being placed on South Beach.....in our own back yard, this should, I hope, I pray turn our Boys into Men! This is where and when we get our rings!!!! Hang on!!

quote:

quote:

You make me want to better myself! icon_biggrin.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Chase:

quote:

You make me want to better myself! icon_biggrin.gif

God Bless! Mission accomplished!! LOL

Yep the guy did pretty good for himself... LOL But he has did some good things for the team... His contract still isn't as bad as Joe Johnson's contract!!! LMAO Think of how bad off Atlanta will be for a long time!!

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Yeah, Shard should go right to Otis' office and say to him, 'I wan't a pay-cut. We need to get better players'.

even if he wanted to, he couldn't based on the CBA

All this spending is because the owners know they are going to get what they want or we have a lock out. Neither side wants this so what will happen, the owners will be able to do with contracts like the NFL and the players will get more of a % of the revenues. In this economy and for the the short term future both sides know the money is just not there. I think both sides want to stay and business and keep working so they will come to this agreement. We may have a lock out year but we are headed to this spot.

How much more fun would the NBA really be is contracts worked like the NFL. You would get to see which owners really want to win by spending and what players really want to give up the cash to win. If this happens as long as we have the Devos Family and that new arena we will be at top 3 team.

quote:
Originally posted by Lewis4thewin:

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Yeah, Shard should go right to Otis' office and say to him, 'I wan't a pay-cut. We need to get better players'.

even if he wanted to, he couldn't based on the CBA

Well that sucks.