Captain Hindsight

Redick offered 3 years $20m from bulls

quote:
Originally posted by Ramsde68:

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

Seriously...

How the eff do I change my name???

No idea. I asked once when i saw NathanRule had his name changed but I have received no answer. I've been wanting to change mine for a while now.

I've been wanting to change mine too...I'm still wondering how Nathan Rule did it without creating a new account

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

quote:
Originally posted by M4G1C:

quote:
Originally posted by God hates Magic fans:

otis=epic failing this entire off-season

please explain..

this is what I want to hear too. Just because ppl don't read about us in the papers and the only move so far is replacing our caveman backup PGs, they're calling for Otis' head. At least wait till August before you judge our offseason & Otis.

We've barely done ANYTHING and we're still top 4 team in the LEAGUE. Think about that. dam, fans are acting like spoiled brats. Should we go back to the days where our biggest transactions where signing Keith Bogans and re-signing DeClercq? or how about signing Jacque Vaughn and re-signing Air Pat?

Simmer down and be patient.

And your right. If they think this is bad look at what happened to the Knicks with all that cap space and they ended up with ...

Then you have the Nets sitting with what....

And now you have Cleveland burning.......

Hey the Magic look like they are sitting just fine.

Remember the Heat have their 3 stars and miller and nothing left in the kitty to fill out the rest of the team.

Last time I checked that didn't make a great team.

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*buries his head in his hands*

My heart says match, my head says let him go, or sign and trade.. or in this case, match and trade...

If we lose both Redick AND Barnes without replacing them, this offseason is a failure. I'm just sayin'.

I hear you, Redick's grit made me a huge fan of his. But physical limitations are insurmountable and he is now a better trade piece than the type of defensive guard we need (specially if we cant move VC).

"The Pacers have several top players with expiring contracts, such as Troy Murphy ($11.97 million), Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.78 mlllion) and also have Jamaal Tinsley ($7.5 million) still on the books. Without giving names, Bird said it's possible the Pacers, instead of waiting to use their cap room on free agents and risk being left without impact signees, might make a deal by acquiring a player or players with multiple years left on their deals."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-about-free-agents/

Redick $7M and Brandon Bass $4M = Troy Murphy $11M

J Nelson/C Duhon/_____

M Barnes*/V Carter

R Lewis/ M Pietrus

T Murphy/R Anderson

D Howard/M Gortat/_____

*if we can sign him - and yes he can and has played sg

quote:
Originally posted by ezzzp:

quote:
Originally posted by Skywise316:

*buries his head in his hands*

My heart says match, my head says let him go, or sign and trade.. or in this case, match and trade...

If we lose both Redick AND Barnes without replacing them, this offseason is a failure. I'm just sayin'.

I hear you, Redick's grit made me a huge fan of his. But physical limitations are insurmountable and he is now a better trade piece than the type of defensive guard we need (specially if we cant move VC).

"The Pacers have several top players with expiring contracts, such as Troy Murphy ($11.97 million), Mike Dunleavy ($10.56 million), T.J. Ford ($8.78 mlllion) and also have Jamaal Tinsley ($7.5 million) still on the books. Without giving names, Bird said it's possible the Pacers, instead of waiting to use their cap room on free agents and risk being left without impact signees, might make a deal by acquiring a player or players with multiple years left on their deals."

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/0...s-about-free-agents/

Redick $7M and Brandon Bass $4M = Troy Murphy $11M

J Nelson/C Duhon/_____

M Barnes*/V Carter

R Lewis/ M Pietrus

T Murphy/R Anderson

D Howard/M Gortat/_____

*if we can sign him - and yes he can and has played sg

why would barnes start over vince? and why would we go after troy murphy?

quote:
Originally posted by gporter:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/ne...ys-redickbulls070910

Redick to sign offer sheet

The seven days does not start yet.

Redick could sign the agreement as soon as the weekend.

The last part of that Yahoo Sports article also said this

The Magic are believed to be motivated to match an offer on Redick, who averaged 9.6 points.

quote:
Originally posted by Give Me Redick All Day:

I wish people would stop undervaluing Redick the PLAYER.

Yes, he might have, in YOUR minds a bad contract, but who the **** are we gonna get with that money who has the same drive, IQ, and hustle that helps our offense flow?

Yeah, that's what I thought... NO ONE.

I defended JJ on this forum when others claimed he was a Euroleague talent, but lets not pretend he's irreplaceable.

His status on this team was only elevated after losing Lee & I've yet to see him have an impact in the playoffs outside of a matchup with Boston. How far does the ability to defend Ray Allen carry a player when he's completely incapable of guarding any other quality starting 2 guards in the playoffs?