Sign in to follow this  
Faux Hawk

The way to Beat the Heat

Back in the late 80's early 90's the team that did not look that great on paper against teams like the Lakers, Bulls and Celtics was the Pistons. They won because of hard nosed defense. Because of this we have to change our stretch 4 offense and have to go with a BIG line up. We have to clog the lane and turn them in to jump shooting team.

The thought of Wade and LBJ driving the lane at will is not what any fan of any team wants to see, because it becomse all free throws.

Saying this, a few things have to happen. Dwight HAS to start shooting his jump shot more so he is not so one dimensional. Gortat cannot be traded. He has to be given a lot more floor time. I even would say he should be given a chance to start.

The bottom line is the Magic have to improve in a lot of areas, but nothing that is beyond the scope of possibility. Since the Heat do not have a big man to check Dwight one on one, playing two big men like Gortat and Howard will cause them all types of problems. Moving Lewis to the 3 position means LBJ has to guard him and vice versa. Yes LBJ will torch him, but he will torch anyone we have even if Barnes is brought back.

LBJ had problems with Hedo when we played the Cavs. The bottom line is each of those Heat players are going to have to work on both ends of the court for teams to have a chance to beat them. Just my two cents.

But if you are going to pay Gortat the money he makes and you cannot find a good trade for him, you have to use him to your advantage. No other team has two bigs like the Magic. It should be up to Stan to figure out a way they can co-exist on the floor together. WE have all seen how Howard and Gortat can play on defense together when they are locked in. NO ONE gets easy buckets then.

quote:
Two Reasons LeBron James Signing with the Heat Helps the Orlando Magic

With LeBron James reportedly headed to the Miami Heat, prospects for the Orlando Magic

quote:
Originally posted by Live or Die Magic:

But its the Bleach Report!

Yeah...but neither team or player are pushing anything right now!

quote:
Originally posted by ExoCore:

Two Reasons LeBron James Signing with the Heat Helps the Orlando Magic

With LeBron James reportedly headed to the Miami Heat, prospects for the Orlando Magic

Boston is by far the NBA team I hate the most, but I really hope that if we can't beat the Heat this year....again, I really hope Boston can. While they're old, they still have a great and fast PG.

I dislike the heat in the past, but I now hate them.

I hope Otis makes a move before the deadline so we can compete.

You cannot build a team to beat one specific team. You have to build your team to defend any style of play. DEFENSE should be the biggest part of the Magic building around Dwight Howard. Yes, I believe that offense is very important (the Bobcats taught us great defense alone doesn't do it all, but the Warriors taught us that great offense alone doesn't work), but finding guys who are willing to defend and be mentally prepared to grind it out is very important. I think the current players on the Magic roster have got to be more defensive minded because their offense is already there.

Unfortunately, playing defense is frowned upon by the NBA, who would rather see a bunch of wimps flop around, get every foul call and pretend to be seriously injured. I wish we could go back to the days when the Pistons were able to control a game with toughness and heart, but unfortunately, those days are gone.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/t...hine?tradeId=3a7qa7t

This is how we get back.

to ORL: Igoudala, Brewer, Jeffeson

to MIN: Carter

to PHI: Gortat, Pietrus

Let the NOH keep Paul if they want. If they're set on keeping him then there isn't much we can do to get him. Reports are Philly wants to trade out Igoudala now that they've got Turner, and Minny apparently really wants to unload Jefferson (plus, they just resigned Milicic to a big deal and traded for Beasley).

Igoudala could stifle Wade and Jefferson/Howard downlow eliminates anything Bosh could do. This wins us a championship. Miami wouldn't have the fire power for this no matter who've they've got.

Problem with good defense is it does no good with I-fall-down-like-I've-been-struck-by-lightning-when-there's-not-a-defensive-player-within-ten-feet-of-me-and-I-still-get-the-call D'Wade and Floppy McBoshflopperton in the middle.

Those two alone will get gobs of calls no matter what the defense is like. Add into that the fact that LeBron will get calls every time he misses, period, and you've got a problem.