Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Management ... What is Going On???

Sworn to secrecy??? hahahahahaha that's the worst excuse i ever read in this forum... hahahahahaha sworn to secrecy hahahahahahaha next his going to claim that he works for the CIA hahahahahah what a joke ( the sister of my wife uncle that have a daugther that its daiting a brother of a grandfather of a friend of a magic player told me that we are going to hire asistant coach "kurt"..

quote:
Originally posted by jack l j:

come on guys billy d dished us. he is not worth it. lets stick together and move on. hire some one else and look forward to next season. we have a great group of young players and are only a pg away from the next level. jacklj

I agree. Move on guys.

Alright, here's the scoop. A friend I have on these boards went to school with a boy named Bobby Williams. He happens to be Pat Williams son. The Pat Williams that used to be the GM of the Magic. Bobby is a minor league baseball employee.

Bobby told my friend his dad(Pat Williams) told him that as of Tuesday last week after Ivaroni gilted Otis and VanderWeide that they had no clue what to do for finding a new coach. Bobby said Pat Williams told him that Otis and VanderWeide asked Pat what they should do. Pat Williams told them he would make a big pitch to Billy Donovan. Again this was last Tuesday evening.

My friend e-mailed me last Friday after Billy's press conference telling me what Bobby had told him about how hap-hazardly our management had thrown this offer at Billy on the spur of the moment and that he hoped we wouldn't have long-range ramifications because of it. Little did he or I either one think Billy would back out after 24 hours.

As I told you earlier, I blew it off because of my enthusiasm about the Donovan hiring. I continued to have discussions with my friend but all the while I didn't think anything of it.

Until this morning. After I got up and got over the shock of what I was reading it dawned on me what my friend had e-mailed me. I thought, my gosh, he knew something and it was right.

Our management hap-hazardly threw this package at Billy Donovan on Tuesday night and smooth talked him. Then they told him they needed an answer in the next two days. When Billy was talking with them they made everything sound perfect. Billy accepted. All in a matter of two days.

After the Magic press conference and Billy went back to Florida you know what happened then.

I wanted to get this story out because I'm probably gonna get kicked off the boards now for exposing Magic management.

See ya!

Either way, Billy Donovan was the person who backed out of the contract. You can't fault the Magic for making a run at Billy.

Right now, we need to move on. We should strongly pursue Stan Van Gundy and forget this whole mess. Billy Donovan is obviously not the right guy.

BJ, I've always considered you a friend on the boards but you're story doesn't make any sense at all. Donovan said during the press conference that he was contacted last Saturday. That gave him almost a week to make a decision. Billy Donovan and any other coaching candidate knows that once a team makes an offer there is only so much time he has to think it over. The Magic can't have Billy Donovan stringing them along for several weeks while all the other coaching candidates get hired by other teams.

quote:
Bobby told my friend his dad(Pat Williams) told him that as of Tuesday last week after Ivaroni gilted Otis and VanderWeide that they had no clue what to do for finding a new coach.

This really sounds like complete garbage. You're saying Otis isn't smart enough to know that Stan Van Gundy and Rick Carlise are available? There is no way to sugarcoat this...that is completely idiotic. Either your friend is full of crap or you're making it up. Either way I don't believe it for a minute.

I feel tarnished, after being so excited that we had found the right coach, I went ahead and change my name to Coach Donovan and then went ahead and had plastic surgery to look like him.

Now What am I going to do?

NOW WHAT!!!

People are beating me up all over Orlando

quote:
This really sounds like complete garbage. You're saying Otis isn't smart enough to know that Stan Van Gundy and Rick Carlise are available? There is no way to sugarcoat this...that is completely idiotic.

LOL! Now you see when I say something like that I'm being confrontational but honestly how do you not call the idea that Otis doesn't know how to go about contacting a coach anything else? and NO that does not mean you are calling BJ an idiot. Anyway this is the details of the story that we are supposed to trust and blame the magic management for Donovan's reneging? I rest my case.

Now can we just go back to putting the blame where it belongs. Billy Donovan and only Billy Donovan.

Emory, don't think Donovan wouldn't lie. He already admitted he did.

Secondly, my friend on these boards that was friends with Bobby Williams is one of your best buddies on here too.

Man dude, you know me well enough to know I'll be straight with you.

Take off your silver and blue colored Magic glasses and smell the roses.

Look at the position our team is at right now? Do I really have to say anymore? As much as it pains me they are clueless. Look at us man. We are the laughing stock of the nation.

I hate it.

Regardless of the validity of the Pat Williams story. It doesn't matter. The Magic made an offer to Donovan, he accepted. He was presented to the media ina press conference. WHO CARES if they wrote the contract on a nigthclub napkin over a couple of beers. The Magic got their prize coach and he reneged on them.

To spin these facts into a negative story about our management is ridiculous. And you critizised us for being always on B Hill's case. Get off Otis's case.

quote:
Originally posted by D-BoFats:

Ball junkie, I love you, but you're definitely overreacting.

I think you should just lay the next few steps out, D-bo. We get the picture.

As for management, if this thing doesn't get cleared up by tomorrow, I'm going to sell my soul to Billy Donovan, the NEW devil!