Sign in to follow this  
sharp/7/shooter

2010 Free Agent Signing Thread

quote:
The Warriors have signed point guard Jannero Pargo to a two-year, $2.4 million contract, reports Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports.

Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, told Spears of the contract.

Via Marc J. Spears/Yahoo! Sports

quote:
Telfair probably will be traded or bought out of the remaining $2.7 million owed for the final season of a three-year contract former Wolves boss Kevin McHale signed him to two years ago this month.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Head..._27425#ixzz0uzwkCcTv

If he get brought out, I say we sign him as are 3rd PG.

Most unbelievable/outrageous contracts so far:

Drew Gooden (money & lenght), Amir Johnson (money & lenght), Matt Bonner (money & lenght), Brian Cook (signing), Darko Milicic (money), Brendan Haywood (money)

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

Most unbelievable/outrageous contracts so far:

Drew Gooden (money & lenght), Amir Johnson (money & lenght), Matt Bonner (money & lenght), Brian Cook (signing), Darko Milicic (money), Brendan Haywood (money)

I call you on Drew Gooden and Brendan Haywood. Haywood is a very good defensive center. He probably earns above his skill set but its not outrageous. Gooden has been a very solid player for years now. He deserves that contract, especially because he is exactly the type of player Bucks needed.

Now Amir Johnson, that is an outrage

I call you on Drew Gooden and Brendan Haywood. Haywood is a very good defensive center. He probably earns above his skill set but its not outrageous. Gooden has been a very solid player for years now. He deserves that contract, especially because he is exactly the type of player Bucks needed.

Gooden is a player who, if you see his stats, you could not believe he isnt an all star yet.

But you see him playing, and you cannot believe how he could be a starter. The amount of dumb mistakes he makes and the defensive liability he is.

With Haywood, I agree he is very good defensive center. Basically, he is Kendrick Perkins II. IMO, 5M per season should be good enough, not 9M like now.

quote:
Originally posted by ManuGinobili:

Gooden is a player who, if you see his stats, you could not believe he isnt an all star yet.

But you see him playing, and you cannot believe how he could be a starter. The amount of dumb mistakes he makes and the defensive liability he is.

With Haywood, I agree he is very good defensive center. Basically, he is Kendrick Perkins II. IMO, 5M per season should be good enough, not 9M like now.

Centers are always overpaid. I think that a lot of other clubs would pay him 9mil a year and thus his contract is not outragous. I think just wait and see how good Gooden will be for the Bucks, remember this is his first season where he has some stability. He will thrive by being coached by Skiles. If Gooden does not average 15 and 10 then you may be right, but I think when you get a chance to watch the Bucks play he will just fit in perfectly well and looks like he will belong.

This post was not transferred over.

Wizards re-sign Josh Howard to a 1 year $4 Million deal.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68418/20100728/josh_howard_will_re_sign_with_wizards/

--------------------

Heat re-sign Kenny Hasbrouck.  Terms not disclosed.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68409/20100728/heat_re_sign_hasbrouck/

Eddie House signs with Miami

WojYahooNBA

Eddie House has reached agreement on a two-year, $2.8 million deal with the Miami Heat, his agent, Mark Bartelstein tells Y! Sports.

10 minutes ago via web