Sign in to follow this  
Soul Bro

Update from Three Separate Sources

quote:
Originally posted by Soul Bro:

Sorry guys. I can't answer a lot of these questions because I don't have the answers. I will say that it seems that Otis will only go all in if other teams somehow do the same.

I don't see why he wouldn't go all in regardless of what the Big 3 do. Anything to make the team better. There's a better chance of all of Bron and Wade staying put.

Would loose my ****, find it and loose it again if all that happens.

Regardless, thanks for the info Soul, muc appreciated.

I'm on chorus with most others here, pull the trigger regardless of where the other FA's go. Why wait for other teams to improve before we do? Proactive that **** like Jessica Simpsons face Otis!

quote:
Originally posted by JRam027:

quote:

Sorry guys. I can't answer a lot of these questions because I don't have the answers. I will say that it seems that Otis will only go all in if other teams somehow do the same.

I don't see why he wouldn't go all in regardless of what the Big 3 do. Anything to make the team better.

Personally, I'm with you. I love Paul. However, Otis loves Jameer and thinks he's incredible value.

quote:

quote:

I don't see why he wouldn't go all in regardless of what the Big 3 do. Anything to make the team better. There's a better chance of all of Bron and Wade staying put.

Not to mention the Lakers staying the same is still a couple steps above us. I hope he isn't just paying attention to changes in the East.

Here's my theory on what Otis is doing... I believe he's waiting for Lebron and Bosh to decide where they are going in hopes they go to different teams and don't form a super team. Once they have decided then he would pull the trigger. If he pulled the trigger now then Lebron would see CP3 and Dwight together and would know there is no way in hell he wins a championship without Bosh and Wade. Getting CP3 before they decide could essentially create the Superteam.

Wouldn't Redick have to agree to any trade? With him being a restricted free agent he would have to agree to sign with the team the Magic trade him to. For the Magic to re-sign him they would have to match other offers but if JJ didn't want to go to Utah or NO or any place he could be traded he could simply just not sign with that team and sign elsewhere and force the Magic to match that offer

quote:

So if the Miami summit doesn't happen we just stand pat with no major changes? Would magic brass consider that a successful Off-Season for us? but then again there's only so much you can do with Rashard's contract coming back to bite us

Excuse my skepticism, but here is the timeline of events

Otis has always wanted Paul.

Otis pursues Paul.

Otis gets NO to agree to Paul trade.

Whoops, not a done deal yet.

We need someone to take Emeka.

Deal is as good as done again.

Otis will only trade for Paul if the big 3 form in Miami.

Oh, ok. Is Otis bipolar?

quote:
Originally posted by Hoopslife:

Here's my theory on what Otis is doing... I believe he's waiting for Lebron and Bosh to decide where they are going in hopes they go to different teams and don't form a super team. Once they have decided then he would pull the trigger. If he pulled the trigger now then Lebron would see CP3 and Dwight together and would know there is no way in hell he wins a championship without Bosh and Wade. Getting CP3 before they decide could essentially create the Superteam.

That's a good theory. I just hope he would pull the trigger whether the superteam was created or not.

quote:

quote:

quote:

I don't see why he wouldn't go all in regardless of what the Big 3 do. Anything to make the team better.

Personally, I'm with you. I love Paul. However, Otis loves Jameer and thinks he's incredible value.

Otis is absolutely mad. There would be two MVP candidates in the starting lineup. Pull that trigger right now.

quote:

good point

quote:

That is a very good point.