Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Junkie's info from last night

quote:
Originally posted by Catman:

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

When I see serious hoops discussion, I contribute and shut my antics down.

When I see nonsense, I continue with the nonsense. Simple as that.

Why not ignore it and let the thread die instead? That makes way more sense then ratcheting up a post count.

Ignoring things you don't like works both ways. It seems a bit silly to complain about certain posters or types of posts on one hand, and telling other people to ignore things they don't like on the other, don't you think?

quote:

What would I get banned for exactly...calling you out? Grow up. I know you are mad, but calling me a clown and an idiot is only going to get you suspended.

That will be the day!

quote:

If any of you schmucks start suggesting I do this for a "post count" then I will easily delete this name and start a new one.

Seriously. You are morons.

Might I suggest "Chareth"?

quote:
Originally posted by echo4papa:

quote:

If any of you schmucks start suggesting I do this for a "post count" then I will easily delete this name and start a new one.

It's in the works.

quote:

quote:

Havent you already done that with multiple troll accounts? Seriously man, just get some exercise or something. You have posted in every thread ever put up here in the last few years. Your post count should be a wake up call for an intervention. I'd rather be a moron then spend my life on a message board, but that's just me, I'm wild like that and like to see sunlight.

making general assumptions about someone based on a post count on a message board is childish and not needed. If you want to represent the "older and more mature/dedicated poster" demographic, how about you start acting like it.

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:

What would I get banned for exactly...calling you out? Grow up. I know you are mad, but calling me a clown and an idiot is only going to get you suspended.

That will be the day!

I can certainly see why you're acting so sentimentally towards this Junkie thing. You behave just like him. You say something nonsensical, someone calls you out on it and you go back to the shadows. You question each and every comment directed at something that has little or nothing to do with you, and you reply to comments that see things your way while ignoring the rest.

I understand now.

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's in the works.

I always wanted a fresh start, too...

quote:

quote:

quote:

Why not ignore it and let the thread die instead? That makes way more sense then ratcheting up a post count.

Ignoring things you don't like works both ways. It seems a bit silly to complain about certain posters or types of posts on one hand, and telling other people to ignore things they don't like on the other, don't you think?

No I don't think that. You have a guy who stated in this thread that he will post good posts when he wants and spam when he wants. So when people join here because this Chris Paul story is blowing up, they have to wade through a ton of lame posts just to see the discussion. One reason is because Jareth had deemed the thread to be silly since he did not seem to believe it was real.

Basically he is saying he decides what threads are good and which are not. He will participate in the ones he likes and spam the rest.

Now he has a valid point that some of the threads posted here are completely ridiculous, as with any place. But let a mod decide that instead of a guy with too much free time (refrain from making a mod joke here).

Add to the fact that there is an off-topic forum for when people get bored and want to post non-magic stuff, and no...I don't think it is silly...sorry.

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

quote:

quote:

It's in the works.

I always wanted a fresh start, too...

Good, now if we can put a required 10,000 posts for the first thread. ha ha

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

quote:
Originally posted by Frank'N'Beans:

Exactly why i took a 2 year leave of absence off the board, to much name calling, and childish remarks only because someone doesn't share the same belief as u, or the same b-ball or magic iq, i've been a magic fan since the 91-92 season, and am very knowledgeable, but don't make others feel stupid that are not. Anyway's i do have a family and a life so i have to go.

It takes guts to speak out. Thanks for voicing your opinion. It would be helpful for others to say what's on their mind.

You mean others that you agree with, because you ignore or belittle anyone and everyone who doesn't see eye to eye with you.

quote:

quote:

quote:

Havent you already done that with multiple troll accounts? Seriously man, just get some exercise or something. You have posted in every thread ever put up here in the last few years. Your post count should be a wake up call for an intervention. I'd rather be a moron then spend my life on a message board, but that's just me, I'm wild like that and like to see sunlight.

making general assumptions about someone based on a post count on a message board is childish and not needed. If you want to represent the "older and more mature/dedicated poster" demographic, how about you start acting like it.

I never said I wanted to rep the older and more dedicated poster. Show me exactly where that was stated.

And sorry, but when you have made over 10 thousand posts in the span of a few years, there aren't many assumptions that need to be made. It's just a fact that you are on here way too much.

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

No I don't think that. You have a guy who stated in this thread that he will post good posts when he wants and spam when he wants. So when people join here because this Chris Paul story is blowing up, they have to wade through a ton of lame posts just to see the discussion. One reason is because Jareth had deemed the thread to be silly since he did not seem to believe it was real.

Basically he is saying he decides what threads are good and which are not. He will participate in the ones he likes and spam the rest.

Now he has a valid point that some of the threads posted here are completely ridiculous, as with any place. But let a mod decide that instead of a guy with too much free time (refrain from making a mod joke here).

Add to the fact that there is an off-topic forum for when people get bored and want to post non-magic stuff, and no...I don't think it is silly...sorry.

Some threads are worthy of discussion and some are crap spam threads that don't belong. Most of them end up being closed on their own merits because there are already threads up concerning the topic, or because they are completely ridiculous threads claiming something preposterous like that a deal has been completed for Bosh when nothing of the sort is even remotely true, all based on random speculation and crappy logic.

Sure, those threads could simply be ignored, but the same could be said of threads/posts you don't think belong either. The fact remains, you can ignore things you don't like, or you can respond to them. The choice is yours, and if you don't like someone else's choice, TFB. It's not your right, nor place, to govern their behavior.