Sign in to follow this  
Shine88

SLAM ONLINE - NBA Top 25-Under 25

This list is the reason why I do not read slam.... they are way off with so so so many players if I had to put my top 25 under 25 it would be:

1) Howard

2) Durant

3) Evans

4) Rose

5) Westbrook

6) Rondo

7) Curry

8) Gay

9) Lopez

10) Ellis

11) Smith

12) Collison

13) Jennings

14) Mayo

15) Aldridge

16) Horford

17) Gordon

18) Love

20) Bargnani

21) Bynum

22) Hill

23) Beasley

24) T.Williams

25) Stuckey

WOW.....

Dwight dunks too much? Dwight smiles too much?

You guys are an angry sad bunch of people... maybe you should take a page out of his book... and just smile icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn:

quote:
Originally posted by jecMagicMan:

quote:

Maybe. I don't think he necessarily needs a fadeaway, though. He needs a Tim Duncan bank shot though. That's the coolest shot in the NBA by far. He's not worth his salt until he learns to hit one of those. Then he'll be an offense monster.

A jump shot of any kind will compensate for his inability to finish around the basket, create contact and draw fouls. Why stop at a Timmy D banker? I think he should go spend some time with Nowitzki and focus on extending his range. What could be better than a team with potential 5 shooting threats out on the floor? That would really spread the defense. I saw Dwight hit a clutch buzzer beater against the Bobcats, so I know he's got it in him. He's just been neglecting to polish his offensive game and has been instead recording stupid movies and helping lame kids in Africa.

Don't forget the laughing and joking during losses or when the team is behind. That has to stop. Is it too much to ask for our best player to take his job seriously? As a season ticket holder, I pay his salary. He owes me at least a little bit of effort out there on the court.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything he does on defense. He's probably one of the top 3 or 4 defenders in the league, maybe not as versatile as a guy like Lebron, but he holds his own on defense. I just want to see him get serious on offense so the Magic will have a little bit of a chance against some of the better teams.

If he was scoring in 6 or 7 different ways during the Boston series, it might have been a better series. All he does now is DUNK DUNK DUNK and then TURNOVER and then DUNK. Frankly, it's boring to watch and it's hurting his legacy as a great player. Hakeem could score. Howard has a long way to go before he gets to Hakeem level of offense.

Yeah he's one of the top 3 or 4 defenders in the NBA and holds his own. Hence the back to back Defensive Player of the Year awards...

I really think people should just shutup about him smiling. So what. He smiled when play was stopped. Big effing deal. He gives everything he has and wants badly to win when he plays the game. That's all I really ask for. Him smiling doesn't affect the game AT ALL.

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

WOW.....

You guys are an angry sad bunch of people... maybe you should take a page out of his book... and just smile icon_smile.gif

Oh I smile all the time, but I'm not a basketball player. Look at Jordan. Or Lebron. Or Kobe. Or Garnett and Pierce and the list goes on and on and on. None of them goof around when they're playing, they're all focused on winning. Dwight doesn't do that, and he doesn't have a championship. Coincidence?

Jackie, you're easily becoming one of my favorite posters ever.

at the same time, I think I'd kill myself if I ever found out you were being serious

quote:
Originally posted by ButterMilkPancakes:

Jackie, you're easily become one of my favorite posters ever.

at the same time, I think I'd kill myself if I ever found out you were being serious

smile_svgsad.png

quote:

stop playing veteran poster.

quote:
Originally posted by IronMaiden:

Yeah he's one of the top 3 or 4 defenders in the NBA and holds his own. Hence the back to back Defensive Player of the Year awards...

I really think people should just shutup about him smiling. So what. He smiled when play was stopped. Big effing deal. He gives everything he has and wants badly to win when he plays the game. That's all I really ask for. Him smiling doesn't affect the game AT ALL.

Yeah, but come on man. You know as well as I do that he won those awards pretty much by default. If anyone else in the league could rebound Dwight would lead in all these categories that no one else ever led at the same time, and then he wouldn't automatically win the award. Lebron doesn't just rebound and block shots, he stops people from scoring. Have you seen how many come-from-behind blocks he gets on people?

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by KandiKane:

WOW.....

Oh I smile all the time, but I'm not a basketball player. Look at Jordan. Or Lebron. Or Kobe. Or Garnett and Pierce and the list goes on and on and on. None of them goof around when they're playing, they're all focused on winning. Dwight doesn't do that, and he doesn't have a championship. Coincidence?

Kobe has a fierce under bite.

Kobe has 5 rings.

Coincidence?

quote:
Originally posted by Jareth Cutestory:

quote:

smile_svgsad.png

BECOMING, *******. Stop being jealous, Jareth, we can still watch The Office together amirite

oh, and

quote:
Ignored post by ThuglifeJ posted June 23, 2010 01:53 PM

quote:

Jackie, you're easily becoming one of my favorite posters ever.

The worst part is that this is all stuff that people have, at one time or another, put forth as serious discussion on here.