Sign in to follow this  
Natesroom

What About De'Sean Butler? Steal for Magic at #59?

If he hadnt got injured in april he would have been a First Round pick, and i think at 6'7 he might be a great steal for us... He shots the 3 at 35% clip so he's got some range FT % was 78% and anything above 60% fits the magic...

I know he tore his ACL but look at Baron Davis, Jamal Crawford, Nene all had ACL injuries and have come back as All-Star Players..

Here is

http://www.draftexpress.com/pr...Da-Sean-Butler-1184/

the Idea is that its 8 months until the season opener and he's already been given the Ok to start basketball drills, so i would say that

Being that he's only 22 it might be better for the magic to trade down to the last pick of the second round if he hasnt been chosen yet that way the commited money to him is very small compared to a first round choice and rookie scale contract..

I wouldn't mind this pick. He probably won't play this year or very limited, but his upside at the 29th pick would be hard to pass up. The Magic aren't going to get a starter with the 29th pick anyway and are probably willing to part with their picks, but it would be tough to pass up on him. I think he will be there at 29 but gone before their second round pick.

We have little to no risk if we pick him at 59, and I think his potential outweighs that risk anyways. He could be a contributor when no one will expect him to be.

Butler would be an excellent pick up at 59.There is ZERO risk and HUGE reward if we stick with him. He tore his ACL in April so he won't be back until minimum of October. But he has GREAT talent and would have been a lottery pick if not being injured.